What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Williams Airport (9X1) - Pot Luck - April 18th

Phil

Well Known Member
Hi Everyone,

We're having a pot luck dinner on Saturday April 18th at Williams Airport (9x1).

Williams is just north of Houston in Porter.

I'll be bringing a grill, so if you want to bring something for it you'll have room.

Hope to see you there!
Phil

Williams_Flyer_Lg.jpg

Last edited:
The Fundraiser for Bob Milne will be held at Williams Airport in Porter, TX. Please let me or Phil know if you plan to attend so we can make enough room for parking. There may be a fuel purchase special if you fill up there. Details will be available soon.

I talked to the folks at the airport. For every gallon of 100LL purchased, they will be making a donation back to the Bob Milne fund.

So if you're looking to top off next weekend, consider stopping by 9X1.... :D

Phil

If you're flying in, please make note of this request from the Airport Manager...

Phil

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sent: Tuesday, April 14, 2009 1:12 PM
To: Perry, Phil
Subject: Event and neighbors.

Hey Phil,

There are two things I want all pilots to keep in mind:

1) We are under the 2000 foot shelf from Houston Intercontinental and only 3 miles from the surface which doesn?t leave much room for maneuvering;

2) We are located in a residential area which means that we cannot do ANY kind of maneuvers other than NORMAL traffic patterns.

I cannot emphasize enough that we need to be courteous neighbors. They are already sensitive as a result of the crash that happened six weeks ago. They also have shown a willingness to call the FAA on their perception of FAR violations; remember that their perception and reality can be quite different, but the FAA tends to side with them. In addition, there is a faction, although loosely organized right now, that would like to have the airport closed as a public nuisance. I don?t need to give them any more ammunition.

This fly-in needs to be as much about including and considering the neighbors as the pilots. My patience will be limited with those who operate outside the bounds of courtesy and respect for our community.

If you could figure out a way to ask the pilots for their cooperation in this, I?d appreciate it.

Thanks,
Katie

FYI - We're still on even with the rain. Pot luck will be in the main hangar.

Back