What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

GAME ON!!!

more pictures from today

We had over 50 RVs in attendance and several other homebuilts. Fed over 150 people some "worth flyin' for" burgers and dogs. RVs came from Florida, Georgia, Alabama, North Carolina and South Carolina. If you didn't make it, you missed a great time. Thanks to all that came and we hope to see you again next year.

Here are a few pictures I took while still trying to park airplanes.

Thanks Bill,RV9, N941WR, for letting me fly your plane. It it sweet!!!:D

http://picasaweb.google.com/RVRCMOO...authkey=Gv1sRgCMDcheG4suaMmAE&feat=directlink

No problem Robert. I was more than happy to give both you and Mike Hoover a ride. Mike is building a -9A and this was his first ride in a -9.

Good to hear you enjoyed the flight. She does OK with only 135 HP, even with both our big ‘ol butts in there.

Mike and I went down and flew the river at 1000' AGL. Then went up and did a couple of stalls and flew on back. By then it was time to load up Father-in-law Larry and head on home.

PS. I see you had one RV from Canada and a Champ took a LONG X-C, flying in from Gastonia, NC!

It had Canadian Reg. but I think he came in with a group from Hendersonville, NC. I could be wrong. I WAS a bit busy today. Mike was super thrilled about getting a flight. You really made my day as well. Thanks again.

Great photos, too. Thanks for sharing them.

Mike did good with the -9. He didn't over control it and held altitude and heading well.

That should keep him pounding rivets for another month or two.

Bill, any chance you have a better picture of the RV-7(pic #7) with the James cowl. Or do you know who's it is?

Looked like a great day

Bill, any chance you have a better picture of the RV-7(pic #7) with the James cowl. Or do you know who's it is?

Looked like a great day
No other pictures but that plane belongs to Jim Higgins (jhiggins). He is a member of this forum and is based a few hangars down from me.

No problem Robert. I was more than happy to give both you and Mike Hoover a ride. Mike is building a -9A and this was his first ride in a -9.

Good to hear you enjoyed the flight. She does OK with only 135 HP, even with both our big ?ol butts in there.

Mike and I went down and flew the river at 1000' AGL. Then went up and did a couple of stalls and flew on back. By then it was time to load up Father-in-law Larry and head on home.

Bill,

Thanks a billion for the ride! That was a real treat. It was great to finally experience the 9. I had been following your building progress on your website and on VAF for quite some time, so it was cool to finally meet you. Man what a great day it was! I look forward to the day I get you flying in mine.

Mike

Mike,

I was more than happy to give you a ride. Now get off the computer and go and work on your slider!

All I ask from you and Robert is for you to pass along the favor after you get your planes flying.

no problem

Bill,

That won't be a problem. My wife and I have already discussed the issue of giving rides to others. When I had an Ercoupe, I gave 84 YE rides not counting the parents or other friends that "didn't count". I love being able to share my love of flying. I know I am going to have to make some Xcountry trips as I have promised rides in Louisiana and Arkansas. From South Carolina, that is a nice ride. You are too kind.

Thanks,
:D

Back