What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Side Panels RV-6 7 9

226rv7
226rv7

Custom SIDE PANELS for RV6 7 9 available for immediate shipment.

Vacuformed from sturdy ABS plastic (black only) suitable for painting or upholstery to match your interior.

Custom molded to provide armrest and includes provision for decorative insert behind armrest.

TOM (No calls after 8PM central time please)

(847) 778-8973 cell

[email protected] Email for pictures if unable to view in post.

Last edited:
more details please

Is that 300 for a set?
How much does it narrow the seat area?
I can tell from the pictures that it seems to narrow some in the front knee area, but what about the rear, elbow area? is that recessed into the existing recess area or does it narrow the seating area?
Thanks in advance.....
They look nice.
If they come in black ABS......did you paint the set in the picture?

rv side panels

300.00 is for the set plus shipping and handeling you lose alittle in the nee area but it works out as a rest for your leg.intierior space only 1/8 inch for both they also have a cut out in the armrest if you would like to add padding theres also a ressesed area for a decortive panel. we painted both panels with dupli-color interior spray,works well and easy to touch up.we are also taking a set to an upholster shop, we,ll let you know how that comes out
tom 847-778-8973

This looks like a nice way to finish out the seating area. Do they come pre-trimmed? Do you have any pictures of the panels uninstalled?

side panels

Guys,
I am flying with the side panels and they are very comfortable. However, I will be getting mine ahpolstered. After making a template, about 45 minutes, I cut out one side in about 30 minutes and poped it in. Insert the bottom first and flip in the top behind the fresh air vents. I used two sided tape at the top rail and front and rear bulkheads. However, velcro would work well. I used the same template 0n the other side but put it in place and tape it in at the top rail and check the fuel lines at the front floor .They may need different cutouts than the other side. Some of the fittings may show it just depends on where the lines are routed and what plane the panel will take at the bulkhead. When you fit at the top rail make sure it will miss the rollers if you have a slider like I have.

Lee
RV6A slider

side panels

THANKS GUYS FOR THE NICE COMMENTS ON THE PANEL & POSTING THE PICTURES. I SPENT A LOT OF TIME ON THESE AND HOPE IT HELPS TO FINISH YOUR PLANE. CALL IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS.
TOM 847-778-8973

I have had several inquiries from guys with Rogers side panels on how I fit mine and I am attempting to post how I made my template.

efql55.jpg
[/IMG]g[/IMG][/IMG]

interior

My first picture didn't show up but this none is from inside the cabin making the template to fit the floor and also cut around the fuell lines at the feet. The left will fit the right except at the fuell lines at the feet that will need recutting from what you had on the other side.

Lee
RV6A
2qjverk.jpg
[/IMG]

Back