What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Shutdown procedures

cjensen

Well Known Member
i was thinking about this subject this morning as i was heading to the airport. with no mixture control, how are subies, rotaries, and the like shutdown? i guess the same question goes for the FADEC airplanes? i've demo'd a Cirrus SR22 with FADEC, but i can't remember how the thing was shutdown... :confused:

On my Sube, I have a switch that supplies power to the injectors and ignition coil pack. This kills everything. Other people simply shut off power to the ECU.

How do you shut your car off :D

On my previous rotary powered RV-3, I just shut off the Engine computer, which kills fuel injection and ignition. If it found a way to keep running without those, I would have patented it :)

Cheers,
Rusty (trying to resist a rotary for the new RV-8)

13brv3 said:
How do you shut your car off :D

On my previous rotary powered RV-3, I just shut off the Engine computer, which kills fuel injection and ignition. If it found a way to keep running without those, I would have patented it :)

Cheers,
Rusty (trying to resist a rotary for the new RV-8)

Rusty, There's a 20B out there with your name on it! Also there is tons of room for radiators and exhaust in the RV-8 cowl!

Rotary10-RV
AKA Bill Jepson (Give up now Rusty resistance is futile!)

Back