What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

NASCAR in Atlanta questions

bjb3013

Well Known Member
This weekend I hope to fly up to Clayton County Airport (4A7)- Tara Field
Hampton, Georgia for the race. Has anyone done this before . Can I camp by my plane or rent a car. Any help from those that fly in or those that live in the area would be appreciated.

Thanks,
BJ

Atl. Race

They'll probably park you in the grass, the ramp will be full. Not a bad walk to the track. Just wear comfortable shoes. :)

I've flown in to the Saturday race. It was actually quite easy! Easy walk to the track from the airport. No need for a ride. Didn't see anyone camping at the airport - probably not allowed. Not sure you'd want to. No facilities or services and lots of jet noise!

Sunday might be busier. But it'll sure beat sitting in the miles and miles of car traffic before and after the race.

Nascar ATL

Many of the teams park their big iron at Falcon Field (KFFC) for the races. I guess it gives them a little more privacy.

This just sent out by the KFFC staff>
JUST WANTED EVERYONE TO BE AWARE THAT THIS WEEKEND THE NASCAR RACES ARE GOING ON AT THE ATLANTA MOTOR SPEEDWAY. WE DO EXPECT TO HAVE NUMEROUS RACE TEAMS FLY INTO FFC AND WE WILL BE USING BOTH THE LOWER AND UPPER RAMPS AS NECESSARY. WE MAY BE A LITTLE DELAYED IN GETTING TO FUEL CALLS; WE WILL GET TO YOU AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.

Last edited:
Back