What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

The RV "Mini Vacation"

MCA

Well Known Member
Advertiser
One thing that's a lot more enjoyable to me in the RV than in a rented spam can is cross-country flying. Like many others, getting away for a week-long vacation is difficult and so the RV enables many shorter "mini-vacations."

The RV can shave two to four days off a trip when compared with driving. With a family & work, that means the difference between going and not going. And the relatively good fuel economy of the RV means fuel costs are not trip killers.

Albuquerque is centrally located for trips west of the Mississippi. So here are a few trip pics over the last few years that I thought would be good motivation for those still building. Hope you enjoy!

"The Breakfast Run"
This is a quick 20 minute flight over to Grants for Sunday breakfast with my daughter and other RVers. Last weekend we had 18 planes show up. Here we are with Jon Farley's RV-8 Red Tail.

aa1.gif

Jon passing under

aa2.gif

"Guys Weekend"
Flew down to meet some friends in Texas for a weekend of dirt bike riding in the open desert.

aa3.gif

"Pseudo Business Trip"
Flying with an old Navy friend who bought an RV-4 after taking a "free" ride in the -7. We're heading up to the Reno Air Races from Flagstaff. Picture taken from his -4.

aa4.gif

"Business Trip"
Somewhere south of Salt Lake City on the way to Oregon.

aa5.gif

"RV Fly-In"
Getting the plane tied down at Big Bend Ranch State Park. Worth the trip! And the rangers are very nice.

aa6.gif

"New Experiences"
Heading out to Santa Catalina Island with Jim Klusmier. No good place to land here!! Picture taken from Jim's -7.

aa7.gif

Back