What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Houston RV Builders Group lunch last Saturday

Louise Hose

Well Known Member
The weather discouraged folks flying in but we still had about 12 RV builders (and a couple of friends) show up for the Houston RV Builders monthly lunch. Folks gathered at Pearland Regional (KLVJ) and drove over to nearby La Casita restaurant. Good conversation and food. Paul and I invited everyone over to our hanger to see the new RV-3B kit we picked up the weekend before and our two RVs. Mikey was undergoing a transplant (new oil hoses and repositioning of the oil pressure sensor), for he was exposed FWF.

IMG_2568.JPG

For once, Mikey draws attention from the Valkyrie as fellow builders check out the FWF.​

Folks checked out the RV-3B kit, the RV-8 (Valkyrie), and the RV-6 (Mikey). Then, we wandered next door to our neighbor's (Dave Forster) hanger, the "Toy Box", to check out his treasures.

IMG_2572.JPG

Dave has a home-built F1-Rocket, a helicopter, and is building an amphibious Sea Ray. (Ask him about the cake in the background. :p

IMG_2574.JPG

Yep. Even the Valkyrie is jealous of Dave's Rocket...C-FWON ;)

After a shower passed, folks headed home and we returned to our work on Mikey and even started a little work on "Junior", the RV-3B kit.

A great mid-day break brought to us, in part, by this website.

DARN!

:mad: Boy, I'm sorry I missed that one, but I'm the mentor for the CLHS Team America Rocketry Challenge teams, and this is intensive flight test season leading up to the April 6 deadline for qualification attempts. Goggle TARC for more information on this very cool science/math/rocket contest.
Rain check on the hangar visit?

what, no pics of JR? :)

Thanks for showing us the hangar pics! I think it is a common bind of a certified "airplane nut" to wonder... "what is inside that hangar door?"

Hope Mikey returns to the air asap!

New Builder Interested Iin Future Meetings

Hello, I've recently was given the opportunity to finish my Father's RV-6. I'm just getting stated and know I could learn alot from the Houston Builders. Could you please add me to your mailing list for the next meeting. Thanks, Herb

Back