What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Any RV's in NorCal?

skdoyle1

I'm located in SFO and looking to buy a RV6A/7A. Wondering if there are any flying out of San Carlos, Oakland, Hayward, Palo Alto, etc that I may be able to sit in and get a feel for the plane.

This is going to be my first aircraft purchase, and I want to make sure it's right!
Thanks,
Shawn

Shawn, welcome to VAF.

Yes, there are a lot of RV in this part of the state, sit tight, and you will more than likely get a few offers soon.

Good to have you here, enjoy the ride.

That's great to hear. I look forward to meeting some of the Van's Crew either before or after I buy my plane.

Thanks,
Shawn

Try Santa Rosa

Shawn,

There are several RV's based in Santa Rosa. There are a few 6s, and I know there is a 9A at the airport too. Good luck.

I'm located in SFO and looking to buy a RV6A/7A. Wondering if there are any flying out of San Carlos, Oakland, Hayward, Palo Alto, etc that I may be able to sit in and get a feel for the plane.

This is going to be my first aircraft purchase, and I want to make sure it's right!
Thanks,
Shawn

Definitely good to get an experienced RV person to help look at any plane you are thinking about buying. My 7A is at KSQL, I'm happy to let you sit in and we can also go for a flight. PM me.

Our San Carlos EAA chapter has numerous RV builders and flyers.

NorCal RVs A Plenty

Shawn,

Take a ride to Auburn (AUN) on any Saturday or Sunday. In addition to the 6 or so RV's based there - including two really nice 7's - there are always RV's coming in from the surrounding area (Grass Valley, Lincoln, Rancho Murietta, etc) for lunch and RV talk at Wings Restaurant. Heck, on your way to Auburn on I-80, swing by Nut Tree airport in Vacaville and chances are you'll see more than a couple of RVs fueling up for the Saturday run. If it's sunny, there will be RVs out and about at AUN.

Steve

Definitely good to get an experienced RV person to help look at any plane you are thinking about buying. My 7A is at KSQL, I'm happy to let you sit in and we can also go for a flight. PM me.

Our San Carlos EAA chapter has numerous RV builders and flyers.

Hi:

When I've gone to that web site (http://www.eaa20.org/), the chapter looked inactive.

When and where do you guys meet?

Thank you all for the great information. I'm very excited to become a member of the NorCal RV community. I was close to buying the RV7 in Canada that was offered for 75K, but I was a few minutes too late on my PM. Someone else snagged it!!!!

Still looking! RV7A preferably, RV6A next, then whatever good deal pops up.

RV7a for sale

Shawn give me a call I have a 7A IO360 glass cockpit 200hrs TT that I ight like to sell in Reno. 9092688576 Chuck Harder

Heading up to Healdsburg on Saturday

I'm heading up to Healdsburg this Saturday/Sunday for barrell tasting weekend. If anyone has a RV that they may be showing off, drop me a line and maybe I could swing by. I'd love to sit in a 6a/7a to get a feel for what there like.
Thanks,
Shawn

Back