What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Birthday Flight

petehowell

Well Known Member
The bad news - I woke up today 1 year older........

The good news - the weather is clear, I have an RV-9A, and a kid that loves to fly........so....

Off we went. One of our favorite destinations is Rushford- 55Y a beautiful little country airport with a great pilot lounge.

Over the St Croix river on the way down
Rushford%2055Y%20001.jpg

Kate assumes XC mode
Rushford%2055Y%20005.jpg

No big city hassles....
Rushford%2055Y%20011.jpg

Nice Lounge!
Rushford%2055Y%20013.jpg

Whatta Day!
Rushford%2055Y%20022.jpg

Rushford%2055Y%20026.jpg

Last edited:
ANOTHER great write-up, Pete. Boy, looking at that next to the last picture, it's not hard to see why Rushford had a flash flood a couple of years ago (I wrote about it here) .

Of all the airports and places you've been to in your RV, what is your favorite?

Tough Question

In the local area - I really like Rushford. Nice setting, approach to 34 is kind of carrier like. The people are friendly and they have an airport dog!

carrier.JPG

The STOL-port at Steamboat Springs is hard to beat for scenery and they are nice folks, too.

IMG_3664.jpg

Overall it is hard to beat the home Aerodrome, Blaine/Anoka county. Cheap gas and some really great tower controllers.

Last edited:
X/C mode

Great PICS, my daughter would do the same thing, probably 5 min. into most flights. Savor every minute of that kid stuff, it is over soooo fast. Nothing is more important than time with your kids, you can never get missed opportunities back. The memory's dang near bring tears to my eye's. Gene

Big thumbs up for Rushford

I agree Pete
I stopped at Rushford on my way to ND last summer, no one around but the lounge was great!!

Birthday

Pete,
Another year older, and wiser. Sure beats the alternative. Another positive is that you have accomplished a lot during this last year and now we are off to conquer more challenges this year. Kate is a great traveling companion. When I get my avionics straightened out, or at least muted I will take her up in my plane so she can take pictures of her hero, her dad.

Back