What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

bose series II headset

godspeed

Well Known Member
I have a free bose series II head set that was mounted with the pannel mounted connector.. ( I didn't get that part) and wondered if anyone has tried to rewire the end connector or make a plug for one of these.. they are very nice looking head sets but they don't have plugs or powersupply and I need to see if its worth trying to get the wire diagrams and find a way to make them work in my rv9a .. anyone fooled with this before ?
(tried to buy one from bose but they don't sell them anymore)
but did offer me 300.00 off a new Series X set though.. :)

Danny..

I have one of those headsets (with a battery pack) and it works beautifully in the RV. Interestingly, it doesn't work as well as lightspeeds in some other aircraft i fly, but somehow the ANR works really well with the noise spectrum in my RV-8.

The connector is generically referred to as a LEMO connector and is the same as the current one, but the pinout is different (this is what the Bose guy at OSH told me)

You can order the connector with a foot or so of wires already soldered on for a nominal fee (I think around $30) directly from Bose. The Bose P/N is 178035. You'll need to figure out the pinout as Bose is much more interested in selling new headsets than supporting old ones. The bare connectors are hard (for me anyway) to find in small quantities, but I have a couple if you need one.

James Freeman

re: bose series II

so I can order the battery item with the connectors and splice mine into that ? or the pannel mounted unit ? part number you gave is for the pannel mounted connector ? I was planning on using general plugs for my headsets
so the battery type would be better I guess.. (less wiring problems)
I am still a little confused, maybe we could take this to email ?
the end plug (funny connector) on mine is a little exposed wires ect.. beat up some.. so I wanted to cut that off and hard wire a new plugs on to it..

[email protected]

Danny..

Last edited:
Back