What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Tip: Planning the Electrical

szicree

Well Known Member
This is directed primarily at those who are early in the building process: Get a copy of the Aeroelectric Connection Manual and start reading. On the nightstand worked for me, but I think next to the "Throne" might work well also. The point is that there is a ton of useful info to absorb and once you get to the wiring stage you won't want to pause to take it all in. Slow and steady over a long period will work real well, and by the time you get to the wiring you'll have a very clear picture of what it all means.

Second piece of advice: You can't undrill a hole. Don't ask how I know.

Steve Zicree
RV4 Wires

Last edited by a moderator:
car cd sound into my intercom

Help......Can anyone............. advise me how to get the sound from my cd player.........to and through my expensive stereo intercom system..........

Who sells the converting resistance magic box???.....that fools the cd player into thinking its running speakers........?????

electronically challenged..... ECWigmore

Not sure but...

wigmore said:
Help......Can anyone............. advise me how to get the sound from my cd player.........to and through my expensive stereo intercom system.......... Who sells the converting resistance magic box???.....that fools the cd player into thinking its running speakers........?????electronically challenged..... ECWigmore
May I suggest a starting a new Thread, about audio/intercom connections; some other folks may want to know. To answer your question what stereo intercom do you have? Most (all) have a aux input. Read the manufactures instructions. Usually its a matter of directly connecting the ear jack to the intercom, which usually provides a jack to mount in the panel. A short jumper cable is all that is needed. Also be aware many CD players do not put out enough audio power to DRIVE the intercom well, at least with out added distortion; there are workarounds for this, by making a little "magic preamp", but we are getting ahead of ourselves. Bottom line you do not need any speaker converter. G

Search the AeroElectric List

wigmore said:
Help......Can anyone............. advise me how to get the sound from my cd player.........to and through my expensive stereo intercom system..........

Who sells the converting resistance magic box???.....that fools the cd player into thinking its running speakers........?????

This was discussed on the AeroElectric list not too long ago. Do a search there and see if it helps. I remember that the solution is a bit involved...

Dennis Glaeser

wigmore said:

Most intercoms will have a "music input" or "aux input" or "line input".

Your CD player (is it handheld or one for an automobile??) will have an output for earphones/headset (if it is handheld) or <in addition to the speaker output> a "pre-amp out" or "line out" or "aux out". If it is a car CD player, and it does NOT have this, I suggest that you get one that does. The reason for that is it gives you the opportunity (for just over $100) to get one with it **AND** and AUX input on the front panel.

Wire the "output" above to the "input" above and you are done.

I am using a DRE244E intercom (works great) and a SONY CDX-GT200/CDX-GT20W in dash AM/FM/CD (including MP3 etc) player with AUX in on front panel. On a long trip this weekend, when I wanted to plug in the XM tunes from a borrowed Garmin 396, I just plugged the cable into the SONY and pressed the "source" button until AUX appeared and the tunes began.

Hope this helps.

James

p.s. If this does not, then please reply with specific model numbers of the equipment you have.

Audio Link Line Level Converter

There is a company in California that sells a little black box that will convert the output from your stereo to drive your audio panel. I used one of these in my RV6A and it worked perfectly. I have a Pioneer Stereo and a PMA 6000 audio panel.
The first thing that is required is a Stereo Audio Panel. You just hook this box in between the stereo and the intercom.

The company name is: Audio Link, 23241 La Palma Avenue, Yorba Linda, CA 92687. Phone: 800-327-5905

If you need one in a hurry I just happen to have an extra one. I forget what they cost but you can have this one for $20.00 plus shipping.
Give me a call 724-344-8175

Tom Emery
WPA RV BUILDERS
www.wparvbuilders.nstemp.com

Back