What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Denver

sneedrv-6

Well Known Member
Hi,

I am about to go pull the right seat out of my RV-6 and try and stick a snowboard in it's place. My brother lives in downtown denver and my plan is to wake up tomorrow and fly from Florida to Denver and do a little snowboarding. Can someone tell me the best airport to go into? Also, if anyone has some hangar space for an RV-6 that would be awesome, I am a little worried about leaving it outside in the weather, the plane has never seen rain much less snow or ice.

http://share.findmespot.com/shared/faces/viewspots.jsp?glId=02rsv7i7sm3tWDUQ4fhQ6nE6dlF1VK7yG

Above is my spot link...

Thinking I should go into Rocky Mountain Metropolitan Airport?

Thanks a bunch,

Jason

Last edited:
Denver Airports

Jason,

As far as airports go it depends on where your brother lives and how far you want to drive? I am hangared out at Front Range (FTG) and it is next to DEN. Other options are Denver Metro BJC, and Centennial APA. I don't know of any hangar space available but will ask around. Give me a call if you have questions.

Thanks

Jason,

As far as airports go it depends on where your brother lives and how far you want to drive? I am hangared out at Front Range (FTG) and it is next to DEN. Other options are Denver Metro BJC, and Centennial APA. I don't know of any hangar space available but will ask around. Give me a call if you have questions.

Thanks a bunch.. Called a couple FBO's and they want $90 a night for a hangar.. Ouch! I was thinking $20. My brother is pretty much downtown denver and he would be picking me up. He will pretty much go where I tell him as long as it is under an hour.

Hi,

I am about to go pull the right seat out of my RV-6 and try and stick a snowboard in it's place. My brother lives in downtown denver and my plan is to wake up tomorrow and fly from Florida to Denver and do a little snowboarding. Can someone tell me the best airport to go into? Also, if anyone has some hangar space for an RV-6 that would be awesome, I am a little worried about leaving it outside in the weather, the plane has never seen rain much less snow or ice.

http://share.findmespot.com/shared/faces/viewspots.jsp?glId=02rsv7i7sm3tWDUQ4fhQ6nE6dlF1VK7yG

Above is my spot link...

Thinking I should go into Rocky Mountain Metropolitan Airport?

Thanks a bunch,

Jason

Jason, are you instrument rated? Is your plane good for flight into icing? :(

curwx_600x405.jpg

Hope you are able to work around the front and have some great snowboarding!

Last edited:
Back