What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Emag spark plug wire question

rocketbob

Well Known Member
First off, a little background. On my rocket I'm installing dual Electroair ignitions (the older gold anodized units, which are rock solid reliable) and would like to use REM37BY plugs with this setup. I've been running on auto plugs on the RV for years with the Electroair ignition and life has been good, but I want to try going back to the 37BY's on the rocket. I tried running 37BY's with the silicone wires and cheesy B-nuts to connect the plugs to the wires, and had problems with the wires having intermittent connections to the plugs, so I gave up on the 37BY's and went back to automotive plugs and wire terminations.

I've noticed that the Emag silicone wires use traditional harness ends (I believe they are Champion's). Wanting to figure out how the ends are attached to the silicone wires, I was looking thru the Emag manual and noticed they are now going away from the Champion wire ends back to something almost exactly like the cheesy B-nuts that I went away from on the RV.

Could someone enlighten me on why Emag is changing their plug wire termination styles? It seems to me using the Champion ends would be the way to go unless there was some sort of reliability issue. With the "newer" style, a simple tug of the plug wire will cause it to lose its connection to the spark plug.

Last edited:
At the risk of stating the obvious, why don't you call Tom or Brad at Emag? They're always very helpful on the phone. :)

Back