What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Best wishes from Ukraine

orkaan

Hello people! Happy new year to you!
I'm happy to be on this forum!

I'm a fan of RV-7. Me and my friend bought 2 kits of RV-7. If I have some issues while construction of an aircraft I hope you may help me with your advice. I do believe your knowledge and your experience will be precious for me.

At this point we have received a tail section and now we are waiting for a full kit.
During tail assembly we didn't have any troubles but I'm afraid that some issues may arise while assemblying electric wiring. If so, I do hope that you will give a good advice ;)

Kind regards,
Yury

Last edited:
Hello Geronimo4497!
Thanks for your fast reply!
Ukriane abounds with talants and you are not exeption to the rule ;)

Welcome to the Club Юра!

I knew it was just a matter of time. Glad to see a Ukrainian in RV ranks!
A little spy bird told me that two tail kits were recently sold and delivered to Ukraine.
Your English is fluent but watch out: there is no METRIC system. Do all measurement several times before you cut or drill something. Remember it's not easy to get a spare part shipped to Kiev or elsewhere in Eastern Europe. Feel free to ask anything about construction in any language, check out our language database, we have several Russian speaking members here. And our archives are a true RV encyclopaedia.
Are you familiar with RV builders on www.reaa.ru?

Last edited:
Welcome to VAF WWW Yury. You will find many very helpful and knowledgeable people here, from many different countries (but mostly from the USA). I spent seven years in western Canada, where there are many people descended from Ukrainians who immigrated there in the late 1890s and early 1900s. My Ukrainian-Canadian friends are very good people, but they all have names that are unpronounceable, as they don't have any vowels :).

Good luck with your RV-7 project.

Thank you very much, dear friends!

To Vladyspassky:
I used to deal with many drawnings in non-metric measurement system, I even was involved in construction of "Pitts" with my friends ;)
With respect to RV - my friend knows RV builders and I'm familiar with reaa forum.

To Kevin Horton:
Thank you for your kind reply. I'd like to speak to Canadians of Ukrainian origin. I'm very proud that Igor Sikorskiy and Tom Poberezhny and many others were from Ukraine.

To Pierre Smith:
Dear Pierre, I bought many tools for RV 7 and I'd like you to give me any links showing appliances aimed at facilitation of RV construction. Thank you in advance!

Last edited:
Back