What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Pro Seal Cartridges

Captain_John

Well Known Member
Hey All,

Tell me, am I reading this wrong? Look at this Spruce catalog page and tell me why I can get 3.5 ozs. of sealant for less tan the 2 oz. price.

My buddy has the 6 oz. cartridge holder and the 2.5 oz. cartridge holder, so I suppose I could buy either.

I am just a typical New Englander that is skeptical about getting something for nothing.

...also, do you think one 6 oz. ctg. will do one baffle? Maybe I will get two 6 oz. units?

:confused: CJ

Maybe the 6 oz Semco cartridge costs less than the 2.5 oz cartridge, so it ends up being cheaper eventhough it contains more goop. You can get 3.5 ounces for $15 at Vans. The only drawback with their stuff is that it cures in 30 minutes. It looks like Spruce's stuff is the 2 hour variety.

If I remember correctly, 3.5 ounces of goop was just enough for the rear baffle, the Z brackets, and the access cover.

Dave

Dave,

Thanks for the response! Looks like I wil be ordering the larger size!

Same price, more product... HELL, I am an American! Gimme TWO!

:D CJ

CJ,

One reason that the price is so close is that the 2.5 oz. tube has 2 oz. of sealant in it and the 6 oz. tube has only 3.5 oz. of sealant in it. Don't ask me why, but that is the Mil Spec requirement. I bought my tubes from Sealpak which puts 5.5 oz. of sealant in a 6 oz. tube although their price are not as good as Van's. 3.5 oz. is probably cutting it close for a baffle and you'll want one tube for each baffle to make sure you don't run out of working time on the 2nd tank if you try to use one tube for both.

Good luck

Thanks Paul,

I was planning on doing one baffle with one 3.5 oz. cartridge.

I am nowhere near installing a baffle on the other tank yet. I want to test this one before getting serious with the other one.

:) CJ

Captain_John said:
Same price, more product... HELL, I am an American! Gimme TWO!

Would you like to supersize that?

In case you haven't read this already, don't be too skimpy with the sealant on the skin/baffle edge joint. The instructions make it sound like you should put on just a tiny bit.

Supersize, it is!

...copy that!

In case you missed it and speaking of super sizing, Paul and I both downed super sized steaks at OSH.

We both polished off a 40 oz. steak, baked potato, Texas toast and a salad. Paul's salad was bigger than mine, but I did also have 4 beers!

Paul, I still have yet to eat again and it has been 3 months!

:p CJ

Back