What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

I Need a Wierd Fitting

RV7ator

Well Known Member
Anyone have a line on where I can obtain a reducer bushing: 5/8"-18 (straight thread) x 1/8 pipe thread? This would allow installation of a JPI oil temp probe into the oil filter adapter. BTW, this is one difference between JPI and EI. EI supplies the oil temp probe with a 5/8-18 bushing. JPI supplies a 3/8 x 1/8 pipe thread reducer.

John Siebold

Hmm

My first stop would be the local hydraulics emporium that have just about every fitting imaginable in steel.

Not sure about the thread but typically "straight" thread fittings are an ORB (O ring boss)..

Worst comes to worse you could maybe get an ORB plug and drill and tap it for a 1/8th pipe thread..Depending on what you need for male/female threads.

Otherwise you can weld two fitting together to get the right combination..I have done this several times.

Frank

Anyone have a line on where I can obtain a reducer bushing: 5/8"-18 (straight thread) x 1/8 pipe thread? This would allow installation of a JPI oil temp probe into the oil filter adapter. BTW, this is one difference between JPI and EI. EI supplies the oil temp probe with a 5/8-18 bushing. JPI supplies a 3/8 x 1/8 pipe thread reducer.

John Siebold

You might have better luck finding a 5/8" 18TPI Cap and then drill & tap the 1/8" pipe thread. If that doesn't work a small machine shop could whip one up for a few bucks.

EI makes a 1/8" NPT as well as 5/8"-18 oil temp probe that will work on JPI's system.

Let me know which you need and I will "donate" one to your cause!:eek:

Matt

Back