What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RE: RV-10 ride

fstringham7a

Well Known Member
RE: RV-10 ride

Got up this am with the post Christmas blues....good holiday food about all gone ....ya know come to think of it my wife should have her own Food Network show......, adult kids/grand kids are back home, wallet is a bit thin, plane paint factory is closed (got to get this desert to warm up).........

Then I got one of those put a smile on you face calls. "Would you like to take a ride in the RV10 this morning?"............Sweetheart I will see you later....Where ya going?..to the airport..........now you be safe......man I thought I would hear her say next...."you will shoot your eye out!!!!!!!:eek:or something like that........

Got to the airport SGU (Saint George, Utah), met up with a tall, young, handsome RV10 owner. Guess who!!!!!!!

We took the tour of the area between sgu and 1L8. Made a stop at Grassy Meadows http://skyranchutah.com/ then on to 1L8 to meet up with the usual gang......Then all too soon back to SGU.....

Thanks Scott for a great morning of RV grin time in a beautiful RV10.

Frank @ 1L8 ...RV7A...paint plus

Last edited:
VAF World Record Shortest Trip Report

No problem Frank. I had a great time too.

Frank helped me shoot the video of this short flight.

I thought it would be fun to see how long it would take to take off from runway 34 at Grassy Meadows and land on 36 at Hurricane.

The answer was 1 minute 38 seconds.

Enjoy.

Make sure you watch in high quality mode. It looks much better.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2AIC4fTUl8

Last edited:
Scott, me thinks your scenery is prettier than my scenery here in N.Texas :). Those pics at the end were incredible. You must get tired of looking at all those mountains!!!

Awesome video! Thanks for sharing.

Hey, I love Texas too!

Scott, me thinks your scenery is prettier than my scenery here in N.Texas :).

I'm not sure about that. Every place has it's own beauty if you look hard enough.
The flight from Salt Lake to Southern Utah was one of the clearest ever.
Here are a few of the shots.

Little Sahara Sand Dunes
444574804_AwXYd-L.jpg

444576760_Mq6cZ-L.jpg

Around Zion's
444595475_4c4Jv-L.jpg

444598979_AWSzp-L.jpg

444603835_e3BvX-L-1.jpg

444610237_GpxMk-L-1.jpg

444615107_GxWpF-L-1.jpg

SkyRanch / Grassy Meadows airport on right
444614228_mxoec-L.jpg

Scott,

You're not helping with my paint-fly-paint-fly dilema..:)

I am still pressing on with paint...:( ...no fly...paint...no fly..AGHHHH Paint!!!:D

Back