What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

10,000 points!

petehowell

Well Known Member
I know it is arbitrary, but I thought it was cool that on my flight to deliver Peter F to his lovely wife and mother-in-law in Madison-Morey C29, I went over 10000 APRS tracking points for the year. See the trip here.

Yep - Cold as it looks.... Who has the RV-7A buried in snow on the ramp?

C29_Christmas_Run_002.jpg
Beth Fruehling photo

Flat late afternoon light makes the -9A look pretty good!

C29_Christmas_Run_001.jpg
Beth Fruehling photo

10,000 Points!

10K.JPG

I wonder if that will get me into any special clubs at the little FBO's that I frequent. I do know that there are few things more enjoyable than an nice RV X-country with a good friend and fellow builder.

On the way home, the sun went down, and all I will say is the that the electric seat heaters were worth 10x what I paid for them. It was -18C when I landed at Anoka county.

Last edited:
I know it is arbitrary, but I thought it was cool that on my flight to deliver Peter F to his lovely wife and mother-in-law in Madison-Morey C29, I went over 10000 APRS tracking points for the year.
10,000 Points!

Congratulations on your 10,000th breadcrumb, Pete!

I'm sure when you posted about your APRS installation back in February you had no idea what you were getting started. 2008 has been a very good year for aviation APRS.

10,000 (sometimes frozen!) breadcrumbs......with a 60 sec beacon rate that's about 20,000 miles of RV flight (got to allow for some SmartBeaconing). You get double credit for flying in sub-zero temps. :D

Wow, Pete, lots of bits floating around. I'm up to a whopping 414 points so far, but that is only the last month. Given the rotten weather, does this count double Sam?

10K Blips of light!

Pete,

Congratulations on your landmark. I don't think there is a trophy, but there are a few of us who are strangely moved by this accomplishment. Keep filling the skies with invisible dots and have a Merry Christmas! Thanks to all of you who have supported Micro-Trak, VHS, and Byonics this year. You guys are the cutting edge of airborne APRS!

Allen R. Lord
VHS Special Services

Thanks again for the lift Pete!!! It was nice to arrive at C29 in style and have everyone ask about your plane when I walked in! ...and stand in awe as you were climbing out! That's when the King Air driver started asking questions. :D

It was an honor to be aboard for the 10,000th beep! I'm looking forward to my first.

- Peter

Back