What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Scotch Brite Wheels

tylerhan

I'm New Here
Where can a person buy theses in Canada? I have went to Acklands and few automotive places and they look at me like i am on glue! Looking for the one to mount in the bench grinder.

Where can a person buy theses in Canada? I have went to Acklands and few automotive places and they look at me like i am on glue! Looking for the one to mount in the bench grinder.

I bought mine with my toolkit from Avery... Have you tried Spruce?

If you can't find it, I'll ask my brother, he works in a machine shop and he is buying them locally... I just can't remember where...

Philippe

Although I've never puchased anything from Aicraft Spuce Canada before, that is a possible option. California is closer to me than Ontario so Aircraft Spruce West is where the bulk of my extraneous items come from.
Regards.

Found them!

Went to my local Napa store today. They had none in stock but found them in their catalogue. Have some on order now! I believe they were $36.00 for 5. Not sure if that is good or not. Beats ordering out of the US and taking a hit with the exchange. Sure hope the dollar rebounds when I go to order the rest of the RV9A kit.

Went to my local Napa store today. They had none in stock but found them in their catalogue. Have some on order now! I believe they were $36.00 for 5. Not sure if that is good or not. Beats ordering out of the US and taking a hit with the exchange. Sure hope the dollar rebounds when I go to order the rest of the RV9A kit.

at $36 for 5, we're not taking about the same stuff...

You get a scotbrite wheel but not the one that is sold with Kits or by Aviation suppliers. The one you just ordered are less dense and will have a really short life! It's really good for deburring but if you need to grind something off, it won't work. And a regular wheel does not work well in aluminum.

The one that Van's recommend is the 3M CP-7AM

Back