What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Please let this thread die.

Dearly Beloved, we are gathered here to pay our respects to Bill's long departed thread.

It was a thread with good intentions, full of hope, love and happiness. A thread which found it's end too early in it's young life!

Sometimes we take for granted these most meaningful but yet simple means of communications. Let us forever remember Bill's deceased thread, for it shall live forever in our memories.

Thank you, Bill and may your thread rest in peace!

:p CJ

Let it be known that this thread is retired,
Just like I will be at the end of today.
Mel...DAR

Dead and gone

Bill, I am sorry for your loss....You have my deepest sympathy. I really didn't know this thread very well.

Roger

Memorial

There has been a memorial established in honor of the passing of this thread. Please send all proceeds to:
Vince Koehn
PO Box 290
Montezuma, KS 67867-0290

NTSB report

NTSB Identification: VAF05TH054.
14 CFR Part 91: General Aviation
Accident occurred Tuesday, October 11, 2005 in vansairforce.com
Thread: RV12, registration: N941WR
Injuries: 1 Fatal.​

The National Transportation Safety Board determines the probable cause(s) of this accident as follows:

After touching down on the main landing gear the thread began to veer to the left on the wet runway. In an attempt to correct back to the right the poster applied right rudder; however, this was not effective. The thread departed the left side of the runway, went over an embankment, nosed over, and came to rest in an inverted position. An examination of the thread's systems revealed no anomalies. Winds were reported to be variable at 2 miles per hours.

The failure of the poster to maintain directional control of the thread during the landing roll resulting in a nose over. Factors contributing to the accident included the wet runway and the embankment.

RIP

Last edited:
Unfortunately the NTSB missed the real cause of the tragedy;

NO FLIGHT PLAN WAS FILED! and VFR was not recommended.

Mel said:
Let it be known that this thread is retired,
Just like I will be at the end of today.
Mel...DAR

Mel--just to make sure, what did you mean by "retire":
a. That you died yesterday afternoon like this thread is trying to do...
b. That you really did retire professionally...
c. That you just went home and took a nap...
d. That you gave up your DAR duties.

A, B, or C, are probably OK, but we really need DARs who know RVs out there, so I sure hope it was not D!

;)

As of this afternoon I will no longer be employed by Texas Instruments Inc. (40 years is enough). I will now be able to schedule Airworthiness Inspections more during the week. I really enjoy my DAR involvement and have no intention of cutting back.
Mel...DAR

Mel said:
As of this afternoon I will no longer be employed by Texas Instruments Inc. (40 years is enough). I will now be able to schedule Airworthiness Inspections more during the week. I really enjoy my DAR involvement and have no intention of cutting back.
Mel...DAR

Congratulations, Mel. For the the rest of us, and hopefully for you as well, it is now the best of all possible worlds!

But I?m not dead yet.

I?m getting better I am. It?s only a flesh wound, it is.

I fart in your general direction you English Pig Dog

Oh sorry, I was thinking of something else...

N941WR said:

Oh sorry, I was thinking of something else...
I thought it was just a little bunny...

N941WR said:

Oh no, a Monty Python thread steal.

"You don't frighten us, English pig dogs. Go and boil your bottoms, you sons of a silly person. I blow my nose at you, so-called "Arthur King," you and all your silly English K-nig-hts."

f1rocket said:
Oh no, a Monty Python thread steal.

"You don't frighten us, English pig dogs. Go and boil your bottoms, you sons of a silly person. I blow my nose at you, so-called "Arthur King," you and all your silly English K-nig-hts."

Funny. Just today in class I used "The Holy Grail" as an example in class and to my great disbelief, found a number of COLLEGE students who had no idea what I was talking about. What's happening to this world??? Might as well just knock them on the head before I dump them on the cart... kind of like someone needs to do with this thread (and Bill who started it all!)

Last edited:
CART MASTER: Ninepence.
DEAD THREAD: I'm not dead!
CART MASTER: What?
CUSTOMER: Nothing. Here's your ninepence.
DEAD THREAD: I'm not dead!
CART MASTER: 'Ere. He says he's not dead!
CUSTOMER: Yes, he is.
DEAD THREAD: I'm not!
CART MASTER: He isn't?
CUSTOMER: Well, he will be soon. He's very ill.
DEAD THREAD: I'm getting better!
CUSTOMER: No, you're not. You'll be stone dead in a moment.
CART MASTER: Oh, I can't take him like that. It's against regulations.
DEAD THREAD: I don't want to go on the cart!
CUSTOMER: Oh, don't be such a baby.
CART MASTER: I can't take him.
DEAD THREAD: I feel fine!
CUSTOMER: Well, do us a favour.
CART MASTER: I can't.
CUSTOMER: Well, can you hang around a couple of minutes? He won't be long.
CART MASTER: No, I've got to go to the Robinsons'. They've lost nine today.
CUSTOMER: Well, when's your next round?
CART MASTER: Thursday.
DEAD THREAD: I think I'll go for a walk.
CUSTOMER: You're not fooling anyone, you know. Look. Isn't there something you can do?
DEAD THREAD: [singing]I feel happy. I feel happy. [whop]
CUSTOMER: Ah, thanks very much.
CART MASTER: Not at all. See you on Thursday.
CUSTOMER: Right. All right.
[howl]
[clop clop clop]
Who's that, then?
CART MASTER: I dunno. Must be a king.
CUSTOMER: Why?
CART MASTER: He hasn't got s#$% all over him.

Back