What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-10 First Flight Video

The expression on the woman's face (not sure of the relation to the builder) is absolutely priceless.

Congrats and fly safe.

New Things & Future

Many things about this video were inspiring and the builder and his family are justly proud. "She flies" is a pivotal moment shared by all builders when their creation first leaves the ground - you have to experience it to fully understand the depth of mental and emotional transition.

WOW! The pilot slid the seat back and stepped out! That is revolutionary in an RV.

I would split a 3/8" tube and slip press it on to the edge of the glare shield then split some compatible rubber hose and glue it onto the tube to keep it from being a sharp edge in case of an accident.

Good Job,

Bob Axsom

Congrats!

Nice....really nice!

It is easy to see the whole family enjoyed the building process.

The flying part will be even more fun.

Roger

Jamie said:
The expression on the woman's face (not sure of the relation to the builder) is absolutely priceless.

Congrats and fly safe.

That woman's expression would be my wife...or more appropriately my Dad's daughter-in-law. And yes, the emotions were running very high that day for sure....very hard to describe, but the video DOES show a bit about the feelings we had when this plane took to the air.

This happens to be the second Vans we've built in the past 4 years. When I think back, it's been a whirlwind, but very gratifying to be a part of this accomplishment.

Thanks to VANS, for making it possible to accomplish such a project in such a short time. Their match-drill engineering on the RV-10 kit made it a breeze to assemble this airplane and fly it in 1 year and 10 months.

Bob Axsom said:
Many things about this video were inspiring and the builder and his family are justly proud. "She flies" is a pivotal moment shared by all builders when their creation first leaves the ground - you have to experience it to fully understand the depth of mental and emotional transition.

WOW! The pilot slid the seat back and stepped out! That is revolutionary in an RV.

I would split a 3/8" tube and slip press it on to the edge of the glare shield then split some compatible rubber hose and glue it onto the tube to keep it from being a sharp edge in case of an accident.

Good Job,

Bob Axsom

"She Flies...She Flies", were the words out of my mouth....not that I didn't think it would fly, but to see all the work and effort roll down the runway and go airborn, it's the words that came out.

About the glare shield, yes we will be finishing the interior soon, including a unique paint scheme that will include butterfly decals on the wings....Dad's idea.

Thanks for all the wonderful comments from the Vans community...we are very proud of our new RV-10.

Brent Headberg - Son
West Palm Beach, FL

Absolutely incredible! I loved the music that was put with the video. The video projected the whole emotional experience. It brought tears to my eyes. You have to be so proud!
Sid

Back