What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Gillespie Field, San Diego

Jeff Brenhaug

Anyone RV'ers or Rocketeers on Gillespie Field near San Diego?
I might be coming out there and need hanger space or someone you know of has hanger space for my Harmon Rocket.
Thanks,
Jeff

Hi
Jeff
Are you talking short term or long term? There is quite a few at See mostly on the northside but a few of us on the south side also.If short term let me know and I will ask around ,for long term most have a wait list.Of course I will need a ride in that rocket since I am rebuilding my 6a and need a RV fix.

Ah... Gillespie Field, SOCAL. The only airport in the country that has a mountain located inside the pattern when landing on 27L. Being from Nebraska I just thought it was kinda cool.

It would be short term only as I'm one of the fire pilots. Our helicopter, N205HQ is sitting on the south/east(?) ramp right now in standby mode. If you get a chance go over and introduce yourself, tell them you know me.
I may be coming out for standby duty just in case the santa anna's start kicking up.
Jeff

Ah... Gillespie Field, SOCAL. The only airport in the country that has a mountain located inside the pattern when landing on 27L. Being from Nebraska I just thought it was kinda cool.

It is not the only airport in California that has a mountain inside the pattern. Flabob KRIR also has a mountain. It is located right where most people like to turn base. Typically we turn inside it but sometimes will fly outside it.

I'm in Minnesota today and will be hopping a commercial flight to San Diego on Wednesday as I'm only going to be there for 4 days.
Thanks to all who replied and the generous offers.
If any of you are out and about @ Gillespie Wednesday-Saturday stop by and say HI.
Jeff

Back