What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Vans Support

mike109g6

Well Known Member
I'm installing an o-290D with conical mount on my 9A. My cowl was short when I went to fit it and could not figure out why. So, I called Van's builder assistance and talked with Bruce R. Bruce discovered that Van's had used an 0-235 jig to make my conical mount, but had shipped me an 0-320 cowl.:eek: The 0-235 conical mount is longer than the 320 due to weight difference between the two engines, so the 320 cowl would be too short. Without batting an eye, Bruce is shipping me a new cowl, I'm to return my old cowl, in the same crate, and Van's will pick up shipping both ways. Brother, that is SERVICE. Not going to cost me a penny. :D
Thank you Van's, That's why I have an 8A sitting in my garage already waiting to be my next project.
Mike H 9A/8A

I had a mispunched hole on one of my rudder skins. Sent an email to Van's support and Joe sent me a new one. Didn't even have to send the old one back. If you are going to build an RV, I highly recommend Van's Aircraft :D

Last edited:
Back