What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV Ride please

AndyRV7

Well Known Member
Hi,

I am looping back around to try to find an introductory flight in an RV. I tried this about a year ago but never got off the ground (so to speak). But now I am though my PPL training and can focus again. I am in North Jersey and would be willing to bring a little fuel money if anyone could help me out.

Thanks. Andy

Andy,

If you are ever out in Oregon, I would be happy to give you a ride.

Kent

Hi Andy

Andy we communicated via emails couple months ago. Do you still want to build the 7th? Come to my shop take a look, may be you don't need to go that far (Bay Area) to build a plane!

As planned so far

You know what? I am tired of these wheel pants. I am taking a break and brewing fresh coffee pot. Get in your car and come! Park in the driveway, shop is open and address is the same: 131 W 46th Street Bayonne 07002

You know what? I am tired of these wheel pants. I am taking a break and brewing fresh coffee pot. Get in your car and come! Park in the driveway, shop is open and address is the same: 131 W 46th Street Bayonne 07002

Man, if you are at the wheel pants, it sounds like you are doing pretty darn good.

My car is now a train for the next few months anyway. I had to move to Manahattan for the next 6 months (long story). So I am trying to keep up with my flying on weekends anyway. But getting out to Caldwell is a challenge. Where are you going to move your RV to when it is ready for the airport? Have you got a place lined up? Any particluar airport you are looking at?

I ask about the airport beccause I would like to own a plane, that's the pre_RV fanatsy anyway. And I ran into a guy that came through the pilot training with me (passed his check ride 8 days before me). He just turned around and bought himself a Bonanza. Man do I have plane envy. It's gonna take him some more training and hours to deal with the high perf/complex endorsements, but I'm still envious.

Good excuse

Andy being a commuter myself I totally understand and agree. This is the life and work in NYC. It has its pluses and minuses.

I am on waiting list at KMJX (Toms River) #34 as of April 2008. Dreaming to be based at MMU or CDW... Or HPN... Heard that hangar prices astronomical and lists long.

My RV is still a year or more before first flight. On Oct 20th I plan to pick up my new O-320 from Lycoming factory in Williamsport, I toured the factory couple years ago and was hooked.
I am working on UES with a hospital. Let's meet some day.

I checked the hangers at Caldwell. I think it was around $800/month. That's almost what I was aying for my apartment before I moved to Manhattan!! It's crazy what stuff in this area costs.

Don't count me out yet, I may still be able to claim that I helped build your RV:). I just haven't got my ducks lined up at the moment. But everything in its own time I think!!

Back