What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Mobile, AL

Flyrod

Well Known Member
Any RV types in the Mobile area? I am here in Mobile getting some work done at Atlantic Marine Shipyard. Going to take Saturday off (9-27) and plan on driving out to Mobile Downtown Airport to see what kind of hanger flying is happening.:p

Mobile on a Saturday? Here's what I'd do:

- Hangar flying in Fairhope Al. (east side of the bay)
- Tour the Battleship Alabama on the causeway across the bay (lots of military aircraft on display)
- Eat at Felixes right down the road.

Mobile Downtown is a pretty industrial type location, though there is a good FBO there. Most of the little airplanes are in Fairhope or Foley....

Mobile

U would probably do better at Roy E. Ray or St. Elmo airport. Never see much fun stuff at BFM
Doug Preston
RV-10
N372RV

U would probably do better at Roy E. Ray or St. Elmo airport. Never see much fun stuff at BFM
Doug Preston
RV-10
N372RV

Doug's right! Definitely visit Roy E. Ray, lots of great guys there and on a good Saturday, lots of flying.

Thanks for the Info

Hey, thanks for the great information. Maybe I will see one of you at Roy E. Ray or Fairhope or St. Elmo. I will be the the new face that does not look like he knows where he is going.:)

Last edited:
Mobile

Ah, St. Elmo,

I flew single channel RC out of St. Elmo in the late 50's. Anybody remember Bonner Varicomps or Esquires?

Miller McPherson
RV-6, 900+ hours
Hatz for the wife's aerobatics
L-16B Champ 2000+hours
Cascabel AZ (now stuck in beautiful downtown Durham for the fall...)

Back