What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Seeking CFI and Van's enthusiast

MNForrest

Well Known Member
Can anybody recommend an actively working (good) primary CFI that is also an Van's enthusiast/owner/builder? Minneapolis area.

Thanks,

Forrest

Doug Weiler

President of the MN Wing, CFI beyond compare, and the nicest guy you will ever meet.

Not sure about the actively working - but he does do some instructing.

Second Pete's assessment. Doug Weiler is one of those guys that when he leaves your hangar, you kick yourself for not being a better person.

And he's got time on his hands now. He took the Northwest buyout and is living the life of the country gentleman (while building a 7).

That's what I figured.

I met Doug last week at the breakfast. Great guy. Problem there is I need an aircraft I can rent, without the "attached" instructor.

Hey Pete -

Hey Pete - I was just out to your hanger, I think, looking over Bernie's project? I'm going to film his first flight. You and I met at the pancake breakfast. Very nice - 9 by the way. I got a close look at it today.

Yep - that is where I live.....

Forrest, I appreciate the compliment, but my -9A is the redheaded stepchild compared to the beautiful planes in that hanger.

Back