What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Oshkosh HomeBuilt Camping (HBC)

n700jl

Well Known Member
If you camped by your homebuilt at Oshkosh this year.

Would you do it again?

Pro's Con's?

Was it easy to get in and out?

Did EAA take care of you?

We always camp in Camp Scholler and we are thinking of doing something differn't next year.

Thanks for your input.

HBC better than VAC

If you camped by your homebuilt at Oshkosh this year.

Would you do it again?

Pro's Con's?

Was it easy to get in and out?

Did EAA take care of you?

We always camp in Camp Scholler and we are thinking of doing something differn't next year.

Thanks for your input.

I camped in HBC last year (long-EZ). What a difference. Much friendlier staff, etc. I could get a ride from "Area 51" to just about anywhere on the grounds, just by asking.

Not so in VAC (this year) If you stop one of the "gator bators" and ask for a ride, they look at you like you just grew a third eye.

HBC is the place to be, IMHO. :)

YMMV

I camped in HBC last year (long-EZ). What a difference. Much friendlier staff, etc. I could get a ride from "Area 51" to just about anywhere on the grounds, just by asking.

Not so in VAC (this year) If you stop one of the "gator bators" and ask for a ride, they look at you like you just grew a third eye.

HBC is the place to be, IMHO. :)

YMMV

I agree with Joe. I camped there in 07 and it was just fine...close to everything and the showers were never overloaded. The only down side was rain most every night but that was not a HBC problem, many got wet everywhere in the camp grounds.

HBC

Camped all week at the back of HBC near the road. The showers were fine but could be busy. Don't park near the road as they don't water it enough and when the wind blows from the west you'll be covered with dirt. Easy walk to transportation, forums and close to the off site beer halls....:rolleyes:

Back