What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Group/Social RV Flying in Seattle Area?

R

Rutus

As much as time and weather are factors in my not flying as much as I would like, I've gotta be honest with myself: often, it is just too far to go to Bremerton (50 minutes) to fly around the patch for 30 minutes. Maybe part of the problem is that I am kind of a solo operator when it comes to flying - I tend to do it on my own time, when I feel like it, and I don't get involved with other pilots (RV or otherwise) who might be doing some interesting things. My wife and kids will fly occasionally, but 9 times out of 10 they have something else they want to do, and my flights are solo. My flying therefore often tends to not be planned ahead, and in turn becomes something that often doesn't happen at all.

So, would I fly more if I met some other RV pilots in the general Seattle area and got involved in flying with other folks (for the $200 burger, or whatever)? I don't know, but I think it would be worth giving it a try. I am coming up on the 4th anniversary of 727JW's first flight, and flight hours have gone from 75 the first year, to about 60, to about 50 last year, and on trend for maybe 50 this year. I don't like that trend :eek:

If anyone out here in the general Seattle area has an interest in getting together, or can point me to some folks who are doing same already, give me a yell. Thanks.

Hi John,

I know what you mean. Sometimes it's hard to get the coordination thing down to go fly with others.

If you want a destination this weekend. We (Chapter 326 at Thun Field) are having a burger burn with free food on Sunday the 10th at 1pm. Just look for all the planes along the runway at Thun.

I'd be happy to go flying with you sometime, but I too have the same challenges of pre-planning and knowing when I'm going to be free to go flying.

Maybe a 172 would help?

Maybe I need to go rent a doggy older C-172 for an hour or so, and after flying that I would have a renewed appreciation and enthusiasm for RV flying :p

Andy, I'll PM you about some flying ideas.

Back