What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Flyin Sept. 13th @ KMOR

Brantel

Well Known Member
fly-in_paint.gif

This event is being planned by a friend of the local RV crowd.

Since Dana's flyin did not work out this year, why don't all of you guys and gals that were planning to flyin to that one just fly on in to KMOR on Sept. 13th!

It would be nice to see over a 100 RV's on the field!

Shoot me a PM if you plan to come so I can keep a tab and report on the RV crowd.

Last edited:
We have almost 6K feet of runway and enough ramp space to fit at least a thousand airplanes, emergency services off the end of the field, clear approaches on both ends. Come one come all!

Last edited:
Fill your tanks before you get there!

KMOR Moore-Murrell Airport Morristown, TN
Morristown Flying Service
FS $6.11

1A6
31 NW Middlesboro-Bell County Airport Middlesboro, KY
Middlesboro Bell County Airport Board Air BP
SS $4.97

W38
54 NW Williamsburg-Whitley County Airport Williamsburg, KY
Williamsburg-Whitley County Airport Shell
SS $4.90

Yep,

The locals almost never buy gas here because in every direction within a few miles, gas is way cheaper. Don't let this ruin a good day......

KMOR Moore-Murrell Airport Morristown, TN
Morristown Flying Service
FS $6.11

1A6
31 NW Middlesboro-Bell County Airport Middlesboro, KY
Middlesboro Bell County Airport Board Air BP
SS $4.97

W38
54 NW Williamsburg-Whitley County Airport Williamsburg, KY
Williamsburg-Whitley County Airport Shell
SS $4.90

Last edited:
Good news...

The coordinator of this event has talked to the FBO owner and he has agreed to lower fuel prices for the event.

He is currently investigating the price and I will post the results as soon as I have them.

Can't promise anything until I have a firm number from the source but the goal as I understand it will be to meet the lowest price of any normal source in the Southeast.

Will let you know as soon as I do!

Yep,

Although she finally lost her medical and does not instruct or give flight test, and the fact that she had a horrible car accident, about died and had her leg amputated at the knee, she still finds a way to come to work everyday to do her job as airport manager.

She was recently inducted in the the National Aviation Hall of Fame:

Johnson.jpg

http://nationalaviation.blade6.done...=-1656073709&group_ID=1134656385&Parent_ID=-1

Not sure if she will be there that day but I would say if she can make it she will. It would be a good opportunity to meet a legend if she can be there.

She was my primary flight instructor back in the early Eighties and gave me my PP checkride.

I think she still holds the record for the # of hours!

At one time she was considered the toughest examiner around the SouthEast!

I hope to be able to give her a ride in my RV when it is finished.

Special Fuel Price Announced

The special fuel price has been determined for Sept. 13th only...

$4.90/gallon on 100LL

Good job!

Good job getting the special fuel price for the flyin!
I don't think I'll get to make it, we have a Annual flyin going on up this way at Rough River State Park, KY the same weekend.
Should be a lot of people flying that weekend!

Reminder

Reminder that KMOR will be hosting a flying this weekend on Saturday. Weather looks acceptable so far so please come!

You guys down at KLZU and other RV rich fields need somewhere to go for a fun day right?

Back