What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Back From Osh!

KirkGrovesRV8

Well Known Member
Well I got home yesterday from Osh:D I miss it already and want to go back, this is my third Osh but my first time flying in. I left out of Smoketown around 9:30am Sat and made my way to Knox, IN for a great fuel stop, got to hang out with a bunch of great RV guys and then headed for Racine,WI to meet some friends and spend the night. Stats for the day 4hrs 25mins and about 36gals of 100LL.
Had a great dinner and some laughs with a great group of guys, woke up the next morning and fired up and left Racine as a gaggle of six heading for Ripon. The approach was a total non event except getting cut off by two spam cans and ended up flying at 70kts the rest of the approach, but we made it safe and sound and were at the show!!!:D
The show was great I had a blast camping, I had the pleasure of looking at many beautiful RVs. Also got the pleasure of meeting some folks I only knew before from VAF(it was great to meet Bob,Marshall and Mark N) also had the pleasure of meeting Doug(wish I could have meet Bob Collins)
Spent a bunch of money and walked to lot of miles:) Due to work and weather I had to leave a little earlier than planned, got a flag man and they taxied me out to 18R for takeoff. I was cleared to takeoff behind a highwing tailwheel cessna and right in front of the Ford Trimotor:D Blasted off and passed the Cessna before he even got to the end of the runway:D
Flew down the shore of Chicago and stopped again at OXI (Knox) for fuel and by chance met two other RVers from my area. After a few free hot dogs and some cheaper fuel I took off again and climbed up two 9500' and made it nonstop home in short time due to "Queenie" being a rock star airplane and a nice tailwind:D All in all a amazing time and I look forward to next year!!

Last edited:
Welcome home

Kirk,

Glad to hear that you had a good time and you are home safe and sound! Wish I would have been able to go along. I need to have a major talk with my boss :p.

also great to meet you Kirk!

thanks for looking me up--had a successful trip home on Wed

too much fun!

Back