What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Wing and fuselage kit available now

jamescone

Well Known Member
I have had another series of strokes and have reluctantly decided that I should not be flying by myself anymore. To do so would put my family at risk and I would never do that. I have my completed wings and flaperons for sale. Tom Green has agreed to let me have my delivery position for the rest of the kits, so if you buy my wings, you will get the fuselage and other kits as soon as they are available. If I don't get a buyer right away, I plan to take delivery of the next kit and start on that. If I do get a buyer, whoever buys my wings can have the kit sent directly to them. I hope to find a buyer who can come to Sequim, Washington to pick them up. I have a wing rack to carry them in so all you need is a small trailer. Email me or call my cell phone (360) 775-0311 if you are interested. I don't want to make money on the kit, just get back my costs of the kit and my transportation costs. This has been one of the hardest decisions of my life. Flying has been part of my life from leaning to fly in college, to a 28 year career in the Air Force and Air Force Reserves, to a 32 year career with TWA, to building a Sea Hawker, 2 RV-6A's, and an RV-7A. I will always be a part of the Van's family and stay active with EAA as a tech counselor and flight advisor, but I will really miss flying.

Sorry to hear your news.

Hello Jim,

I am saddened to hear your news. You have been very generous in sharing your expertise with the rest of us. I'm glad to hear that you will stay connected to aviation.

Scott

Jim,

Never met you but your help with the wings was a real plus. I know its a bummer to decide that you'll never fly it but please take pleasure in the knowledge that many others (silent or otherwise) are so relieved to know that you are an excellent teacher and motivator. I would imagine they are many former TWA F.O.'s out there today that would feel the same way. Best to you and any new adventures in your future.

Pete

Jim,

I am so very sorry to hear the news...quite a shock. I know you have been looking forward to building the rest of the airplane. You have been very good to us by sharing your expertise by words and photos. Your attitude is that of a true servant.

As much as we love our toys, we love our families more. The decision, though difficult, was based on the right principal.

Thanks to all

A heartfelt thank you goes all who have called or emailed me and expressed sympathy and concern for my health. I have sold my wings to the first person who called, but it took me some time to figure out how to get them across the country, so I was not sure that the sale would go through until that was resolved. I didn't want to crate them and ship them because of the risk of damage. Fortunately, Tony Partain, who does a lot of shipping for Van's has agreed to take them to the new owner. I know that they will arrive safe and sound.

Even though I will not be building another RV, I will always be a part of the RV family. Van's is a great company and the people who build and fly RV's are the best people in the world. Thank you all for being a part of my life.

Thanks ...

Jim ...

I'm glad you were able to sell your wings. That should ease your mind a bit. :)

You take care of yourself and your loved ones. Thanks for all your help and inspiration. Please keep posting your thoughts, ideas & recommendations on VAF. You've been a terrific help and I envy those who were able to attend your classes.

Live long & prosper. :) :) :)

JerryG

Back