What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Atlanta TFR on Tuesday

JDRhodes

Well Known Member
Helpful Info - President Bush will be in Atlanta on 7/22. 30 Mile TFR centered between PDK and Dobbins ARB. ATC communication and squwak and VFR / IFR flt plan to operate inside 30 mile ring. 10 mile no fly zone at the center. This in in effect from about 3:00 PM till after 7:00 PM. See the official NOTAM for specifics. Don't get caught unaware!

My opinion - This will CLOSE Atlanta's three large general aviation airports - McCollum, Fulton County and Dekalb Peachtree - for the entire afternoon. Further, I don't feel that there is much security benefit from these TFRs. Regardless of your political stance, I wonder how necessary it is to completely shut down all aviation-related business in Atlanta for an afternoon, so that the President can attend a politiical rally. How would the public react if the three major inderstate highways in Atlanta were shut down for the entire afternoon so that the President would not have any personal automobiles within 10 miles of him? There would probably be talk of impeachment.:eek:

I think general aviation gets the short end of the stick here, for no real value.

BTW - the airlines will be unaffected because Hartsfield is out of the no fly zone.

Back