What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

WHATS HAPPENING?????

E. D. Eliot

Well Known Member
Don't know about the majority of you but to me, the silence our of our favorite kit manufacturer is truly deafening. How long has it been since we have heard anything??? Two, three, four months??? Seems like a long time whatever it is.

Sure would like to hear (ANYTHING) positive with reference to the flight testing and kit development.

Wouldn't it be wonderful if they were redesigning the 12 to include a RV-12 "B" model designed for a small Contiental engine??? That's about that is left on my wish list - I love the 12 as it is now with the exception of the engine that they are using.

Flame me if you want, I don't care - the silence has me wondering what's up?
But don't say that I don't care - I will purchase a 'full kit' as soon as it is available.
Come on, Vans, throw us a few crumbs please.

I found that a call directly to Van's has been the best way to get my questions answered. They will be more than willing to update you on all that they "can" let out to the universe.

I agree with you on the lack of info from VANS- but you're off base on your engine comment. The 912 is a gem of an engine and makes the same HP as that O-200 Continental you mentioned, but with 85 pounds less weight. With LSA, that translates to 85 pounds more useful load. I'll take that everytime. The 912 does have one major problem- it's getting way too expensive! Steve
Don't know about the majority of you but to me, the silence our of our favorite kit manufacturer is truly deafening. How long has it been since we have heard anything??? Two, three, four months??? Seems like a long time whatever it is.

Sure would like to hear (ANYTHING) positive with reference to the flight testing and kit development.

Wouldn't it be wonderful if they were redesigning the 12 to include a RV-12 "B" model designed for a small Contiental engine??? That's about that is left on my wish list - I love the 12 as it is now with the exception of the engine that they are using.

Flame me if you want, I don't care - the silence has me wondering what's up?
But don't say that I don't care - I will purchase a 'full kit' as soon as it is available.
Come on, Vans, throw us a few crumbs please.

Back