What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-12 prop

steve wyman

Well Known Member
Jim cone mentioned in the wheel pants thread that the prop pitch was adjustable. I'm sure this statement was based on the fact that the prototype at Sun n Fun was fitted with the ground adjustable Sensenich composite prop. ( great prop , by the way- I use it on my RANS S-7) The folks at Vans are telling me though, that the actual kit prop will be a fixed pitch Sensenich. Has anybody else heard anything different about which prop they'll use? Originily, like Jim, I thought it would be coming out with the ground adjustable prop.

Which prop

If you look at their original info., it stated Ground Adjustable. ( on their site toward the bottom of the 1st page ). When they released the 2 page info. on red plane, it clearly states fixed pitch. They did not make special note of it, other than to state it on the latest release for the red plane.

John Bender

Fixed pitch

I talked to Ken at Van's. He said that they are using the ground adjustable to pick the best pitch for the airplane and then it will be fixed pitch. The fixed pitch prop is must less costly than ground adjustable. It is a cost consideration.

I live in Denver and my only concern it that it be the best pitch for our density altitude. Will they approve of the ground-adjustable prop if you want to pay the additional $$ ?

Will the fixed pitch be a lightweight, composite Sensenich also?

Back