What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Hollywood, FL

flyeyes

Well Known Member
I'll be going to Holllywood, FL for a meeting friday/saturday this week.

I'll be staying at the Westin Diplomat on south Ocean Drive.

In the past I've gone into KFXE. Is this the best choice or should I look at one of the other nearby fields.

I'll be in the Cirrus so I would prefer at least 2500' paved ;-)

TIA

James,
Why not fly into HWO? It's in the west end of the city of Hollywood, Florida. It's much more "experimental" friendly. There are lots of RVs, LancAirs, GlasAirs, etc based there. I haven't checked lately, but I would expect that fuel would be a bit cheaper there as well.
Charlie Kuss
Deerfield Beach, Florida

James,
Why not fly into HWO? It's in the west end of the city of Hollywood, Florida. It's much more "experimental" friendly. There are lots of RVs, LancAirs, GlasAirs, etc based there. I haven't checked lately, but I would expect that fuel would be a bit cheaper there as well.
Charlie Kuss
Deerfield Beach, Florida

Do you think taxi/shuttle service would be as easy as FXE? I don't really know how far the Westin is (trying to look it up) but that may be the deciding factor.

My fuel bill will be 100% reimbursed, so that's a minor consideration on this trip ;-)

I was at KHWO just a few weeks ago...nice new FBO (Bobbys Landing?) Fuel reasonable, no courtesy car. Not sure about other ground xport options- I had a ride.

Friendly mechanic replaced the Mooney's failed vac pump quickly!

Do you think taxi/shuttle service would be as easy as FXE? I don't really know how far the Westin is (trying to look it up) but that may be the deciding factor.

My fuel bill will be 100% reimbursed, so that's a minor consideration on this trip ;-)

James,
I don't know about taxi stuff, as I'm a local. I'll check into it with a few friends who are based there and get back to you. Between AirNav and Mapquest you should be able to determine taxi ride distances.
Charlie

Hollywood

Thanks guys.

I'll be launching probably tomorrow (my "can't miss" sessions are friday night and saturday. Thursday is helpful but not neccessary).

I'll check back before I leave.

If anybody needs rivets bucked I'll be happy to help in the evenings...

Back