What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Camping trip

BlackRV7

Well Known Member
Since this is one of the first weekends on the east coast where it looks like the weather is going to be fabulous, I am thinking it would be a great time to go airplane camping. I am based out of i39, pretty much middle KY, and am looking for something grass, could be hard, nice place to camp next the airplane, a little hiking, tent camping, just a laid back no nonsense relaxing time. Care to point out some ideas in your area..........and care to have a little get together....I'll leave the banjo at the house....

Dana

I was thinking Kitty Hawk Sat. AM for the Wright Bros. Memorial. Then to Okracoke Island in the PM for a B & B Sat. nite & Sun. Sleeping on the ground doesn't sit well with the wife.

Last edited:
Tents??

Hah, certainly something to consider. I am heading out somewhere, sometime, someplace in Black Magic this weekend. I'm just thinking a tent, fold up chairs, adult beverage or two and a cigar fits the bill nicely. Kitty Hawk and W95 sound enticing though............

Rome, GA

EAA Chapter 709 in Rome, GA (RMG) has a campground at the airport. Not sure the details, but you can taxi up and camp. Rex Puckett is the pres and he's on VAF. Rex - you out there???

RMG's about 1.5 hrs from I39. My in-law's family in Berea, KY, so I've been there.

Okracoke

Waited too late for Okracoke. Everything's booked up. We'll stay with friends living on a boat in Pamlico Sound and fly on to Okracoke for lunch then to Kitty Hawk for a day trip. Everyone enjoy the weekend and be safe.:)

Back