What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Wing spar length

pgroell

Well Known Member
Friend
Hello,

I'm still in the very early stage planning to build a 7A. I first have to build the workshop. I don' t have that much space and will need to store the wings (once done) elsewhere. I was just wondering what is the length of the wing with and without wingtips.
I see on the wing jig drawing, that the posts are 114' apart, but the doesn't give the exact length of the wing.
Thank you

Pascal

That's roughly right... It may be 2-3 inches longer (w/o tips) but that's about it... shouldn't really matter (if it does, then you're in trouble :)

Anyways, you can hang wings on the wall using wide (2") cargo straps.. I had 'em like that in my old house (one car garage) and it worked out great. In that one-car garage I got to about 1/2 way through the fuselage (upside down; tail-to-firewall all clecoed, but not riveted).. and it was doable, but barely.. it wasn't fun.

Spar length

pgroell said:
Hello,

I'm still in the very early stage planning to build a 7A. I first have to build the workshop. I don' t have that much space and will need to store the wings (once done) elsewhere. I was just wondering what is the length of the wing with and without wingtips.
I see on the wing jig drawing, that the posts are 114' apart, but the doesn't give the exact length of the wing.
Thank you

Pascal

My spars measure 114 5/16". The wingtips are 19" at the TE (longest). So 115" without tips and 134" with tips.

Dennis Glaeser
7A Wings

Thank's a lot, I have a little shed in my garden, its 117' long, so I'll use it to temporarely store the wings.

Pascal

I'm not sure if wing length on a 4 is different, but my wings measure 114 inches not including the section of spar that enters the fuse. This piece adds about a foot to the overall dimension.

Steve Zicree

Back