What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Dynon Manifold Pressure Weatherpack

carl nank

Well Known Member
Asking where builders are installing the Manafold Pressure Weatherpack unit on an RV7A/Tipup? Sub panel forward or aft, firewall aft or forward?? Any pictures would be welcome.

Thanks

I put my sensor aft of the firewall.

Check out this page and scroll down to the 9/10/06 entry for pictures.

The firewall fitting was a AN807-4D. $5.70 from Aircraft Spruce.

To smooth out the MP fluctuations on the Dynon EMS, I used a 470 rivet center drilled with a small hole in the engine side of the firewall. For details see this thread.

I'll post pictures as soon I find the camera.

Last edited:
this is where i put mine.. i did away with the tiny hose vans uses and made a restrictor from a an470 rivet with a tiny hole in it. placed in the an fitting and installed hose over it. YMMV

Hey Bill...Thanks a million for your pictures. I had absolutely NO IDEA where on the engine the manifold pressure sensor was supposed to connect. I just want to make sure I am seeing correctly :)

The fuzzy hose from Van's FWF kit attaches to a restrictor that screws into the port just above the intake manifold, right? I have an O-320D1A, and I think I will be using that port on two of the other cylinders for a primer. Is that right? Thanks.

Jim Bower
RV-6A super slow build
St. Louis

Jim,

You can use a restrictor fitting any place in the MP line, the location really doesn't matter.

I used a full size fitting on the cylinder head and thus had to put a 470 rivet with a small hole drilled through it in the line to act as a restrictor. This was installed at the fitting on the firewall. The location really isn't that important, as I said before.

William's installation will work fine. The only real difference between his and mine is that I have a Tee fitting prior to the MP Weatherpack to feed the vacuum advance for my ignition. There is a small hose that exits the firewall and runs to my P-mags from the Tee.

Thanks again. I have a restrictor left over from the FWF kit, so if the threads are the same, I'm going to use that. If not, I will drill the little hole through the rivet. Thanks to the forum, I understand why the restrictor gets used.

Back