What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Corvallis, OR

Dayton Murdock

Well Known Member
Hi All
Tomorrow I will be in Corvallis with my daughter from 9 to 5. I will be dropping her off for an interview with a professor. Are there and RV builders at CVO? I need something to do most of the day. Any suggestions will be appreciated :)

Hey Dayton,
Frank H is from Corvallis. If you got some time you could tool 20 minutes up Hwy99 to Independence...there's a potfull of RV'ers there. Sorry I missed you, I'm enroute to South America for work.

Yup I'm here

I have a flying RV7a with a James cowl and Jim (rivethead) has a half built 7a in south town.

Want to do lunch/ sandwich, drool on my plane?..:)

Frank

541-745-6386

Sorry I didn't know earlier in the week. I'm running up to Portland in the morning but may be back later in the afternoon. I'm just not sure how long I'll be up there.

Hi Dayton

Try giving me a call at work tomorrow at..541-715-7568...Leave a callback number if I'm not at my desk

Frank

Corvallis trip

Hi All
Haley and I had a great trip last Friday. The trip took 2.4 hrs form CXP to CVO
Fuel burn was 23 gals going up. (9.2per hr) I ran at 2700 rpm’s at 8500’ the ground speed was between 180-184 mph. The return trip was at 9500’ with the same numbers. ( head wind both ways)
I have a new friend in Corvallis, Frank. After my daughter left with her professor I hung out for a hour and Frank came out and gave me the grand tour of Corvallis. RV guys are the best! Here are some pic's of the day.
http://picasaweb.google.com/n359dm/2008_04_10?authkey=VOwRq2abDXE
pic #1 over north eastern Calif.
pic #2 DM at Corvallis
pic# 3 Frank and I
pic#4 Haley and I

Last edited:
Dayton,

I had no idea you were looking for ways to kill time! I will generously offer to send you parts of my RV-8 kit to assemble in your free time and send back. I'll even pay postage. Just let me know what parts you would like to assemble first. There are still, ahem, lots to choose from. :eek:

Kelly

I had to kill time too

My flying date got cancelled at the last minute but it was still waay too nice WX to stay in the office...Dayton even paid for lunch....Don't have to twist my arm!..:)

Glad you made it back OK Dayton, pleasure to meet you and say Hi to Haley for me.

Cheers

Frank

Back