What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Questions to ask at Builder's Workshop

alpinelakespilot2000

Well Known Member
Hi--
I'm taking a building course at SynergyAir pretty quick and thought I should have a list of questions to ask. I assume the course will anticipate a number of my questions anyway, but I know my head will be swimming with info that day and don't want to forget anything important. For those of you who have gone to one (any one), any suggestions regarding what you wished you would have asked/been exposed to?

Thanks,
Steve

These are not so much questions as things you should be sure to try out. I assume you'll be working on a small riveting project. It may be tempting to squeeze all of the rivets on the project, but be sure to try the other riveting methods, back-riveting and bucking. Be sure to screw up a few rivets (this shouldn't be difficult) and ask the instructor which are bad enough that they should be done over. And practice drilling out bad rivets. That's one of the more useful things I learned at the SportAir workshop. There's definitely an art to it.

Dave

Back