What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

engine assembly workshop 11-5-2005

mahlon_r

Well Known Member
Sometime ago, You requested to be keep informed about a proposed Engine Assembly Workshop to be held at our facility on Mattituck Airport (21N) sometime this fall. We have confirmed that the workshop will take place on Saturday, November 5th. You requested to be kept informed of the date, so you could make plans to attend.

The agenda will be:

Plans would be to start the day of at 8:00 AM with a short coffee, donut, pastry type breakfast with informal registration and introductions. At 8:30 or so, we would start the class and continue until lunch time when we will break for a sandwich, soda, chips type lunch. After lunch we would continue the class until approximately 3:30 PM. After 3:30 there will be an optional tour of the facility and antique car museum that is located at our airport. Also, if time permits we will run a TMX 360 in one of our test cells.

Breakfast, lunch and any thing you need to participate will be supplied by Teledyne Mattituck Services. All you need do, is let us know ahead of time, that you are planning to attend and show up to enjoy the class and tours. There will be no charge for any of the activities or classes. At anytime during the day, we will be available to informally discuss any engine related procedures, issues or troubleshooting techniques that you may have questions about, in addition to the formal engine assembly workshop which will incorporate the actual assembly of a four cylinder TMX O-360. During the workshop, we will be pointing out all of the benefits we incorporate into our engines, as well as, everything you need to know about prepping an engine for assembly and assembling a four cylinder Lycoming engine correctly.

If your plans are such that you might want to stay overnight, either before or after the workshop we would be happy to supply you with local motel information and provide transportation to and from the motel to the airport for the workshop. As well, if you might be flying in commercially, for the occasion, the best airport to do that into is Long Island Islip MacArthur Airport (ISP). Service is available from Southwest and Delta. If you are arriving on Friday or departing late Saturday or on Sunday, after the seminar, we would be able to provide transportation to and from Islip. Or if you prefer you can rent a car at Islip and provide your own transportation. It is about a 45 minute drive from Islip to Mattituck.

We sincerely hope that you will be able to attend the class that will be offered! If you?re planning to attend, we simply ask you to reply to this email privately at [email protected], advising us you name and contact information, with a daytime phone number you can be reached at and we will take it from there. We will be limiting the class to approximately 25-35 participants, so that every one who attends has the opportunity to get the full benefit of the instruction. I am sure that the allocated spots will fill up quickly, so please get back to me as soon as possible to guarantee that you will have the opportunity to attend this session.

Hope to be hearing from you soon!

Good Luck,
Mahlon Russell
1-800-624-6680 ext. 305
www.mattituck.com

Mattituck Engine Workshop

I highly recommend attending this workshop if you what to see what building an engine is all about. Not only do you get to see the complete engine assembly, but they will show you all the tricks and pitfalls they have learned from building thousands of engines. I've been to this workshop and it is not a sales pitch, it is truly a technical workshop and they will give you straight answers your questions regardless of where you buy your engine.

The guys at Mattituck are great, as evidenced by Mahlon's participation in these forum, and you'll have a great time and learn something as well.

Oh, those were the days!

:(. CJ

I didn't know Captain John at that time :D

Mattituckseminar2006.jpg

tools.jpg

mahlonR.jpg

Oh the good ol' days!! I am right in the middle of that group shot.. we had a great time at Mattituck that weekend!

Was at that seminar myself - it WAS a great weekend. I'm directly behind cylinders #1 & #3 in the group shot.

Happy Thanksgiving.

Dan

Next to Mikey Bullock on the right (whom I did not know at that time either)!

Wow... That was a who's who of the RV world kind of meeting!

:eek:. CJ

Back