What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Email mailing list servers

dougweil

Well Known Member
Hi guys:

I'd like to ask any of the computer gurus out there a quick question. Our local RV builder's club (of which I am the pres) has about 275 members. Our small website and email server was lost due to the company shutting down so for the time being we are using Gmail only for email operations. I have a need to send out mass mailings to all of our members at once (about 275 email addresses). Gmail restricts outbound emails to 100 email at a time (I have got around this by breaking the club up into 3 groups but that is a pain.)

I need to find a new email server that will allow such mass mailings (many have limitations of 100 email addresses for one message). I know 1and1 will allow such mailings for their $9.95/month hosting service, but I was wondering if anyone can recommend other options.

Many thanks

Why not just use Yahoo! Groups. Moderators can send out "special notices" that will send a mail to everyone.

try powweb

Try powweb (www.powweb.com) they have just what you need + site hosting for a reasonable price. A lot of other cool stuff too. I have several sites with them.

Hi guys:

I'd like to ask any of the computer gurus out there a quick question. Our local RV builder's club (of which I am the pres) has about 275 members. Our small website and email server was lost due to the company shutting down so for the time being we are using Gmail only for email operations. I have a need to send out mass mailings to all of our members at once (about 275 email addresses). Gmail restricts outbound emails to 100 email at a time (I have got around this by breaking the club up into 3 groups but that is a pain.)

Many thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim P
Why not just use Yahoo! Groups. Moderators can send out "special notices" that will send a mail to everyone.

Because a lot of folks dont like Yahoo????

Well, if you have over 200+ members in a group, there's always going to be someone who doesn't like something or another.

Back