What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Trip Report: Lunch Fly-Out to Lake Murray, TX

DeltaRomeo

doug reeves: unfluencer
Staff member
[report purposely put in the N.TX area here because it wasn't a true 'Trip Write Up' - just a regulary old ordinary lunch flight (if you can call a RV flight 'ordinary':)]

Sunday 02/24/08, I woke up, checked the TFRs, then the winds aloft for our area, then met up with a few RVators gathered at Lake Murray Resort (1F1) for lunch. We had 20 or so people in 12 or so aircraft. Always a good place to fly to when you are in the mood for a walk. You land at the golf course and walk for about 10-15 minutes to get to the lodge (and food).

It was really nice to be able to spend some time again in semi-Spring mode with RV friends. Danny drug Ross and me up in a three ship, and as is usually the case, 122.75 was alive with the usual suspects at various distances from the field. There was a nice broken layer around 1700' that offered us some visual food as well.

I had the shaved turkey and swiss sandwich and washed it down with some Waco water (Dr. Pepper). We walked back to the planes, where Andy Duff (RV-4) pulled out some clubs he had with him and stepped up to the driving range about 50' from where he parked. Why didn't we think to bring a driver and a couple of irons?

The flight back was just as fun, with slow flight over lakes Texoma, Ray Roberts and Lewisville capped with a 1,000' agl pass over the house to let my better half know I was about 35 minutes from the door. What a beautiful day in sunny Texas.

Some pics from the day (including a couple of shots Ross emailed me from his solo camping trip at Lake Whitney the previous Friday.

Sure had fun. Join us any time!!!

Best,
Doug

Last edited:
Back