What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Shannon-to-Suffolk

Louise Hose

Well Known Member
Show up at Shannon (EZF) airport in Fredericksburg, VA, on any Sunday morning with VMC and you'll find a group getting ready to fly out to brunch somewhere. We depart about 9 am and this morning's destination was Suffolk (SFQ), VA. It's a great place for an on-the-field meal and a nice group of folks.

IMG_1471.jpg

Good food: Breakfast is ample and the price is right.

IMG_1472.jpg

Good folks: Lots of good conversation.​

While fueling up on modestly priced fuel ($3.77/gal), a fellow fresh out of a Skyhawk came over and asked lots of questions about the RVs. He was looking for a faster plane. We had an RV-4, two RV-6s, one RV-6A, and an RV-8A, so a nice selection to look at. I ended up giving him a quick introductory ride before heading home and it looks like we may soon welcome another member to our community. Alfredo, are you out there?

IMG_1476.jpg

Pusher?

Now Louise....isn't giving an RV ride to a poor unsuspecting Skyhawk driver kind of like handing out free drugs in front of a high school?! :eek:

Shame on you....:D;)

Williamsburg is good too. Lunch

Louise,
It certianly was a nice day for it! The morning for sure!
We did a Lunch run.
We had 3 RV-6's go to Williamsburg, VA (FGG) sunday as well.
We even ran into another RV-6 that was already there.
The crab cakes and chili were wonderful.

Do the guys at Shannon ever decide the destination before 9am?
Maybe we can run into another group of RV's sometime.

We like Hummel alot too. W75......very good crab cakes.
and SHD Shenandoah Valley too.
Hope to catch up with you somewhere.

Do the guys at Shannon ever decide the destination before 9am?
Maybe we can run into another group of RV's sometime.....Hope to catch up with you somewhere.

As far as I know, they always make the decision on the ramp. I suspect that could be changed with a little push. But, I'm the new kid.

Some of the Shannon folks monitor the forums. Maybe Andy, Kirk, or one of the others can say better than me?

If you don't mind landing on grass...

Campbell Field (9VG) (on the Eastern Shore of Virginia) has Soup on Sundays. Big gathering almost every Sunday when the weather is nice. Runway is reasonably smooth and safe.

The guy that runs it is a great guy who left the big city life for the country. He is building a Lancair but loves anybody who wants to fly in. The food is good, plentiful and cheap.

Often twenty planes there on a nice day.

http://www.campbellfieldairport.com/

Highly recommended.

Back