What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Brenham, Sunday, 24 Feb - 1100!

Ironflight

VAF Moderator / Line Boy
Mentor
I got a late start towards Brenham today due to low clouds on the coast, and by the time I tuned in the CTAF, it sounded like the Eighth Air Force was descending on the place.

I plan on going up tomorrow and being there when the caf? opens at 1100 if anyone wants to join me for lunch!

Paul

Count me in.

Sounds good to me Paul. I have heard you all talk about the good food they serve, but have never experienced it. See ya there!

The wx looks very good, and its time to get the old feet off the ground.

Man, so many choices! Paul, I'm gonna stick a little closer to home today and go to Lake Murray (1F1) up in OK with some of the BC's. You guys have fun - enjoy the ice cream!!!

b,d

Coincidence

Paul,

There are 4 of us that were planning on being on the ramp at 11:30 today! We'll see you there!

Paul was right!!!!!! Get there early!

Great trip to Brenham today. Paul was right though when he recommended to get there early. We had our pick of parking on the ramp when we arrived around 11:00. When we left, the ramp was full and they were advising incoming traffic that there would be a 15 minute delay as there was no parking available.

What a treat to finally get to sit down with Paul Dye and visit. It was a real treat for me, and I really enjoyed the lunch, but most of all the visit.

The formation of four RV's came in just as we were served, and there were several other folks that came in in their RV's. Great day to get your feet off the ground and meet some of the fantistic folks on this forum.

Yup, it was a beautiful day here Sunny Texas - our field went from Low IFR to CAVU in ten minutes, right about 10:00, as I suspected it would (very common this time of year). Like Wes said - very glad we got there early, as everyone with a flying airplane seemed to be out today (as they should have been!).

Very nice running into everyone again!

Back