What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Call Avery Tools and buy a cap!!!

jus10stephens

My new charity cap just arrived in the mail today. It is a comfortable cap. It looks great, feels great, and is for a good cause. It also has a strap that is actually long enough to fit my melon head and tuck in the little slot for the left over strap. My AOPA cap does not. If you buy one you will not be dissapointed. Thank you Doug. Now I just need a new nose art babe shirt to go long with it.

Great hat

I bought 3 the other day, didn't expect them to arrive for 3 or 4 days, was here in Oregon in 2.

Randy
Installing tail on 8A fuse

My new charity cap just arrived in the mail today. It is a comfortable cap. It looks great, feels great, and is for a good cause. It also has a strap that is actually long enough to fit my melon head and tuck in the little slot for the left over strap. My AOPA cap does not. If you buy one you will not be dissapointed. Thank you Doug. Now I just need a new nose art babe shirt to go long with it.

Just ordered mine, mainly due to Justin's pirep. I have trouble with most ballcaps because I have a huge head.

Thanks, Doug. I think it says a lot about your character that you organize such things for charity even though VAF is a for-profit "day job". Good on you. :cool:

going to order 2 - the original one I have is getting pretty dirty from building
my 9A from empennage to now working on finishing kit(two years) - thanks
for all you do

Mine arrived today, too! It really is a great hat. Also, I was very impressed with the service from Avery on this (my first) transaction with them. The online shipping thing said $7.50 for my $12 order. I got an e-mail from Sandra that said "So you know, shipping will be $2.50 on your order, and your card has been credited". Pretty awesome!

I absolutely trash hats, so I'll be ordering another 3-4 to have.

Mike

You guys & gals have got to get one of these hats! They are soooo comfortable! This is not just a "buy this hat cause it's a good cause" deal, this is a really comfortable PILOTS hat. Large visor, metal rivet is gone, plenty of room for large heads. It really covers your head snugly so it won't blow off your head.

Nice!

Now if I can only talk DR into red as option!

Last edited:
having trouble on the Avery website

Has anyone else had trouble clicking on the link to the hat on Avery's website? If not, I guess it must be something wrong with my computer. Whenever I click on the picture on the Home page of this site or click on the hat on Avery's online catalog I get this error:
Error: Menu Element Not Found.

Any thoughts? If I cannot order online I guess I will have to give Avery a call. Like others, I have one of the original hats. It is so comfortable I have really abused it to the point that I need a new one (or two).

Site OK - just checked link. Steve, you can call 1800 OK Avery to get one if your browser has the hiccups :).

b,
dr

Site OK - just checked link. Steve, you can call 1800 OK Avery to get one if your browser has the hiccups :).

I get the same error in Firefox. Works ok in IE. All the other item entries on the Avery site work fine in Firefox.

Alex

Just ordered two. one for me and one for my honey --- She looks sexy when she wears caps.
Can't wait till they come in , and for a good cause too. How lucky we are..
Bob

I get the same error in Firefox. Works ok in IE. All the other item entries on the Avery site work fine in Firefox.

Alex
Bingo, that is my problem. I use Firefox as well. All other links on Avery's site worked for me also except for the cap.

I will reluctantly go open their site up in IE. I hope someone associated with Avery's site will look at this issue. I hate to use IE unless I am just forced to do so.

IE

Bingo, that is my problem. I use Firefox as well. All other links on Avery's site worked for me also except for the cap.

I will reluctantly go open their site up in IE. I hope someone associated with Avery's site will look at this issue. I hate to use IE unless I am just forced to do so.

I am a Mac/Linux user. I guess I'm screwed with IE. :eek: I have always had problems with Avery's site with firefox. Anyway, I just ordered my hat too. Can't wait to get it.

Got my 2 hats yesterday. I forgot that they don't have the little skull-crushing button on the top. Very nice.

Nice hat... is it supposed to fit over the headset?! :)

I do like supporting the cause, promoting VAF and the good looking hat. I do wish it was small enough to wear though... any chance we can specify a size next time? (I see that prolinecap.com does have small/medium.)

While I'm on a wish list roll.... how about a new VAF t-shirt design contest!

Stan

i think i'm confused what your asking... but it fits UNDER headset... it doesn't have the button on top (like other baseball caps) so as to not interfere with headset usage.

there very nice, i love mine!!

Last edited:
he's sayin he has a small melon...:eek: mine on the other hand has its own sattellites in orbit.

Support The Cause

I am mostly a lurker as I am waiting for an EAA Sportair RV Assembly workshop to come to Texas (EAA promised me this winter sometime :D). While surfing this site I came across the story of the "cap". Wow. As a father of two teenage girls, my heart went out to the Averys. They are much stronger than I am.

Well, the good news is I live just north of Fort Worth and I have come to realize I am in the middle of RV heaven. Doug Reeves lives here. Avery Tools is located here. Jay Pratt is located here. A zillion RVs fly around here. I drive by Hicks Field everyday going home, so I went by and bought a cap last week. Nice store the Averys are running and you have to love a place where you drive your car on the taxiway to get to the store. Well what are the odds of getting bit by an RV bug and finding this website, only to realize you are living right next door.

I can't wait to order my tail kit and get started but for now, I will just keep lurking :cool:. I was talking to a guy at my local airport this weekend and I said, "I have a bad itch to build an RV." He said, "Do you just want to build? Why not go buy a used plane and fly." I said, "Do you have a plane?" "No, I want one but it needs to carry me and my buddy plus some camping gear and I can't afford that much plane." I told him the RV carrys 200+lbs of pilot/co-pilot and 75 lbs of luggage" :rolleyes: Oh and did I mention 190 mph cruise at 80%. Man did he start quizing me about what an RV was :p I think the bug bit him right there in the FBO

Great website Doug, great hat and cause Avery Tools...can't wait to join the RV family one day. Yall have fun in El Paso. Just remember "Mas cerveza por favor" and "Donde es el bano?"

Glenn
Renting 172 w/G1000
RVland, Texas

Back