What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV'ers in Kentucky?

avi8tor50

Well Known Member
Have recently moved to Somerset KY. Building a 9A QB. Was wondering if there are any fellow Rv'ers close by?

Peter K
9A QB

Go Wildcats

Peter,
Hi ya. Live in Shepherdsville right off of I-65, 20 miles north of E-Town, 30 miles south of Louisville. Building a 9A. At the wiring stage, canopy on. Hopefully a couple of months left, and maiden this spring.
Give me a call or come on down. Welcome anytime. Retired.
Mike H 9A/8A
502-264-2214 Cell.

If tradition holds, there will be an RV fly-in at Richmond, KY late in Feb. Think it has been going on for four years. Watch for it, it is a Must Do fly-in and will give you a great chance to meet all the "locals." Several times there have been about 100 RV's there. Haven't seen an announcement yet.

Bob Kelly

Hopkinsville, KY

Howdy! I am in Hopkinsville, KY. I have a RV7A that I spent 5 yrs. and 7 months building and started flying Feb. 07'.

Dana's fly in is scheduled, here is a copy from another email:
Gang, the i39 flyin is scheduled for the last Saturday in February.
New FBO at my airport and the whole feeling at the airport has changed
to the point it is a nice place to hang out. They are already talking
about what they can do to help and make the flyin even more successful!!

You can check out my web site, link is below!

Just up the road

Peter, welcome to the area. The RV ranks are growing in this area:D. I live in Richmond, just up I-75 from Somerset. Give me a shout. There is another 7 builder in Richmond, 10 builder just up the road awaiting his first engine start, active 8 driver Nordo, and that doesn't even count the northern KY gang. Do a yahoo groups search for Cincy River Rats as there is an RV formation clinic scheduled for May. Great opportunity to meet and greet.

Hum, I just seem to have got Somerset included in my Phase 1 test area.................

As Bobby posted, I host an RV flyin, the last Saturday in February, which has unofficially become known as The Kickoff, I won't put Classic on it yet as this is only year 5. Last year I woke to blowing light snow but it cleared enough for the ramp to nearly fill. It is attended by a nice following from the Indy gang, Team RV gang, Ohio Valley RVator gang, River Rat gang and all others in between. How appropriate, I was going to post something later today:cool:

9A in Crestwood

Peter,

I am also building a 9a but a slow build. Mike H (mike109g6) has been keeping me honest(we trade off being bucking partners). I live 20 miles north of Louisville off of I-71 outside of Crestwood. If weather is good I'll probably drive down to Dana's flyin at Richmond. You need to go and make contacts with other builders and flyers. Dana looks to live the closest to you. Looks like three Kentucky 9A's will be hitting the skys within the next couple of years.

Hi Peter,

I am located at the Pirates Cove, KY airport, located near Land between the lakes. I am building a RV7-A, hopefully flying this spring. Hope to go to Dana.

Thanks for responding everybody!
I'm going to try to drive up to the fly-in in Richmond.
If anyone just happens to want to fly here to Somerset, let me know. I live only about 10 min from the airport.
It would be nice to find someone who would be willing to help with some of the heavier duty stuff like hanging the engine, attaching the wings, etc.

Peter K
9A QB

Thanks for responding everybody!
I'm going to try to drive up to the fly-in in Richmond.
If anyone just happens to want to fly here to Somerset, let me know. I live only about 10 min from the airport.
It would be nice to find someone who would be willing to help with some of the heavier duty stuff like hanging the engine, attaching the wings, etc.

Peter K
9A QB

Peter, just let me know. I was sure to get Somerset in included in my test area just to be able to cruise the lake.......while checking off items on my test cards....... Depending on the weather, my drive time to Somerset is less than an hour. My phone numbers are listed at the bottom of the the Flyin announcement. Glad to have you in the area.

Peter,

It sounds like you will have lots of help out there. Let us know how you are getting along from time to time so we can put it in our newsletter.

We are still trying to find a weekend to come and visit. I hope to get the -9 painted soon but will let you know before we head "West".

Hey Bill-

Got the gear on and the engine is ordered (will hopefully be here first week in March). Anytime you need an excuse for a trip, let me know. I havd tons of room here in the house!

Peter

Peter,

I recently (July 07) moved to Northern KY (Walton). I am building a 9A QB as well, and about to start on the wings.

Mike Miller
859-620-6282

Back