What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

The "RV-3 Grin"

randylervold

Check out the "RV-3 Grin" on -3B builder Tony Partain. Sheesh, if he's this happy just sitting in my plane imagine what he'll look like after he's flown his!!!

DSC01336[1].jpg

Last edited:
N32PT Flies!

Hey Randy I'll trade you.... How about Kitfox for an RV3? LOL

The tail is coming along slowly. Due to the over abundance of snow here in Bend, I have been snowboarding at least two days a week so it's been cutting into my build time. Got to get it while you can! The powder has been fantastic, we got 7'7" of snow in a seven day period.

I am trying to be very precise building the tail and quite frankly that is difficult. Trying to keep everything perfect and square takes some thinking. Plus my heated hanger seems to be a place were all of the airport bums want to hang out, so if I want to get much done I have to pull my car in or it ends up being a BS session instead of a build session!

I have the frame complete on the horizontal and vertical and getting ready to attach the skins. I will take the camera out this weekend and get some more info on the blog. Vans called the other day and my fuse kit is in, so I need to pick up the pace!

Back