What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Introduction

till3

Howdy, I would like to join your group so that I can keep up with the RV3 world. My original partner, Chris Landry, and I completed an RV8 in March 2002 after 4 years of building. I'm still flying N655CL (only 250 hrs) and have made several upgrades to include a new panel last year. However, I have recently retired and have gotten the building bug again. Sooo, if you guys and dolls don't mind I'll monitor the posts for a while.

Jim Tillman
RV8, 200hp, Hartz CS
Falcon Field
Peachtree City, Ga
770-460-8450

p.s., if you live or have you RV hangered near me, call. I'll buy the first beer.

Welcome to the wierd world of the RV3

Maybe we should call this the "throwback" group. I am thouroghly enjoying the RV3 build. As a repeat builder, I would highly recommend anyone who has the build bug such as yourself to dive into a 3. It will take you back to the grass roots of the RV building process, make you use your brain, and challenge your skills. The new kits are great, but you have to build the 3, not just assemble the parts. (no offense to any one building the new stuff as I am overstating this a bit).
Fun, fun, fun, welcome.....

Welcome to the repeat offender club! As others have mentioned, the RV-3 kit is "special", but still not as bad as it originally was. I think there's an ooooold kit on Ebay now if you want to be be labeled a masochist ;)

Cheers,
Rusty (leaning toward single rotor)

Hi Jim, and welcome to a distinguished minority. If you think the RV-8 flys well, which of course it does, you're really going to like the -3! I just finished an RV-3B last August, not sure if you've seen my web site. Info on my own project can be found here, and info on RV-3s in general here.

Welcome aboard!

RV3 Introduction

Thanks to all for their kind replies. I've been looking at the kit and monitoring the website listed at Van's so I know where the kit has been and can see where its going. I will build the 3, but not right away. I've got the preview plans and am considering options. Thanks again for letting monitor your thoughts and ideas.

Jim Tillman

Back