What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Julian 'Juju' Avery: Grandson of Bob and Judy Avery

DeltaRomeo

doug reeves: unfluencer
Staff member
On Saturday I heard the horrible news that Bob and Judy Avery's grandson Julian 'Juju' Avery had passed away. He was diagnosed with a brain tumor (medulloblastoma) in March of 2007, as you were probably aware if you followed his treatment online at www.juliansworld.org.

He was four and a half years old.

The Avery family is an integral part of the RV community - practically the entire family works there at Hicks airport. I cannot begin to fathom the level of sadness that they must be enduring.

If you would like to send a sympathy card to the Avery family, and I would request that you do so that they might quite literally be surrounded by a visible showing of love from their friends and customers, please send it to:

The Averys
111 Aviator Dr.
Fort Worth, TX 76179

AveryTools.com is their company.

May God bless Julian and his family and friends.

Doug

PS: Please feel free to add a note of condolence to this thread. The Averys are family and everyone here knows them...

Update:
Arrangements for Julian Avery...from Bob Avery (Grandfather)
"For those that have not heard, our grandson Julian Michael Avery received his wings last Saturday, January 19th, and is now in heaven. We thank everyone for your thoughts & prayers during this difficult time for our family. The arrangements for Julian go as follow...

Visitation is Wednesday 23rd from 6 to 8 pm at our church. Funeral service at 11:00 am, Thursday 24th, also at our Church. We will then release hundreds of yellow balloons, after Jacob's prayer gets read. Then we will have some stuff to munch on in the fellowship hall. At 1:30 pm we will have the gravesite gathering...

Fellowship Baptist Church
1600 N. Old Decatur Rd.
Saginaw, TX 76179

We would like for people to wear something yellow, Julian’s favorite color (please no black) ... If you don’t mind, please do not send flowers, but rather make donations to:
Cook Children's Hospital in Fort worth (www.cookchildrens.org) or to
Make A Wish Foundation ( http://www.wish.org/ ) or to
Give Kids the World (gktw.org) --- in Julian Avery’s name.

Last edited:
My sincerest condolences to the Averys and the Avery family on the passing of Julian. While only the passages of time can ease the hurt and pain of a loss such as this, you can know that Julian is resting peacefully in God's loving arms. God bless you all.

Julian

My condolences to the family. My wife and I met Julian back in Oct. when we stopped by Fort Worth on our way to the Land Of Enchantment Fly In. T67 (Hicks) is the closest airport to where my son and his family live. The Averys were very gracious and offered to let me keep my RV-8 in their hangar overnight.

God Bless!

I would like to add the condolences of Ann & Myself. the Avery family are long time friends of ours. I can honestly say that there is not a better family anywhere.

truly heartbreaking

i can not imagine such pain...may the little one rest in peace and find his way to heaven....

What a story.

That is a very sad one. I went to his website and flipped through the pics. As a parent of a couple of little one....i just cant imagine. Dealt with Avery a few times and met them in person at Osh. Great people.
Thoughts and prayers to the whole family through this awful time.

Very sad

My condolences to the family. That is horrible, and like many of you on the forum, I have young children and I can't image how painful that must be.

While only the passages of time can ease the hurt and pain of a loss such as this, you can know that Julian is resting peacefully in God's loving arms.

Amen. Taken there on wings eternal. Condolences to the Avery's. May God's love strengthen and comfort you.

Our deepest condolences! I know how much I love my kids and grand kids and cannot imagine how this must hurt! Please know that a great many people are thining and praying for you and Juju!

I am very saddened by this news. My condolences to the Avery family. I have chatted with them at OSH a couple of years in a row. From what little I know of them, they seem to be great people. They run a spectacular business and are always very helpful and friendly.

Condolences

My condolences to the Avery's. The grandmother(Judy) gave me a yellow wrist band to wear at Sun'n'Fun for cancer patients, after speaking to here there, I left (as usual) with a bag full of tools and a little yellow wristband for all to see in the sunlight. The Avery's are superb people and their tools are second to none.. not to mention their customer service.
Best
Brian Wallis

What sad news!! My Deepest Sympathy's!!!! The Avery's are such a fine, nice family!! I make it a point to stop in and say hello at Oshkosh.

Roberta

This is very sad news. All my condolences to the Avery family.
Une pens?e sp?ciale pour Mimi.

Such sad news

I bought my first tools from them at Sun-N-Fun in 98 and enjoyed their great business till I was finished in 2005.

Our condolences-Hard to even imagine. Prayers for the entire family.

Sad News

Words are never enough, but please know that our thoughts and prayers are with your family. We are very sorry for your loss.

Fernando

Condolences

Thoughts and prayers are with the Avery family during this very difficult time. Your little one has "touched the face of God"...his earthly journey is over, but he is most certainly in God's care and all is well....

May the Lord give you comfort

My wife and I extend our sympathies to the Avery family in the loss of the son and grandson. May the Lord give you comfort during this time of morning and bring peace to your family.

Funeral Arrangements Posted

Arrangements for Julian Avery...from Bob Avery (Grandfather)

"For those that have not heard, our grandson Julian Michael Avery received his wings last Saturday, January 19th, and is now in heaven. We thank everyone for your thoughts & prayers during this difficult time for our family. The arrangements for Julian go as follow...

Visitation is Wednesday 23rd from 6 to 8 pm at our church. Funeral service at 11:00 am, Thursday 24th, 2008 also at our Church. We will then release hundreds of yellow balloons, after Jacob's prayer gets read. Then we will have some stuff to munch on in the fellowship hall. At 1:30 pm we will have the gravesite gathering...

Fellowship Baptist Church
1600 N. Old Decatur Rd.
Saginaw, TX 76179

We would like for people to wear something yellow, Julian’s favorite color (please no black) ... If you don’t mind, please do not send flowers, but rather make donations to:

Cook Children's Hospital in Fort worth (www.cookchildrens.org) or to
Make A Wish Foundation ( http://www.wish.org/ ) or to
Give Kids the World (www.gktw.org)
--- in Julian Avery’s name."

JuJu

The intense and unconditional love that grandchildren and their grandparents experience only makes this that much harder, but we know that God has a way to make this all OK again in the end. Our condolences to you and your family.

Grandkids are the sprinkles added to the desert of life. I can't imagine the loss you feel.

The strength and grace conveyed in your message is inspiring to us all.

Condolences & prayers to the entire Avery clan.

Last edited:
I was floored upon reading this sad news. I often checked the website following the progress of Julian.

The Avery family is at the top of the pile when it comes to fine people! Even though I do not know them personally, I know this is true because of the way it is reflected in their business practices.

Our family and Church are praying for comfort to the Avery family and we know that God will take care of Julian.

Gary Bricker

My thoughts and prayers are with your family. Like others I cannot imagine what you are feeling. We all know he is not suffering now. God Bless

I met the Avery's while getting my transition training with Alex D. We had flown over there so Alex could pick up something. I was introduced to Bob and he proceeded to give me about a 1/2 hour tour of their new facility. He didn't know me from Adam but took time out from his busy day to do this. A **** of a nice guy and a real asset to the RV community. It's a shame that these things happen to such good people.

Doug Meloche

Thoughts and prayers

Our prayers and thoughts are with the Avery family. In this life there are many that pass on that deserved to live and there are many that live that deserve to pass on. We can never truely understand God's plans for us. The only thing we can do is hold on to each other and know that he never gives us anything we can't handle. Julian is in a place that our human minds cannot even dream about and he is by God's side in peace. God bless. Aden Rich

May the grace and peace of the Lord shine on you

Words may bring comfort in times such as these, but only the loving arms of the Lord can bring you peace. I pray that He wraps those arms around your family now.

Our deepest condolences to your family in this time of mourning.

Eric D'Ancicco & Family

Back